Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Problems

majorbleed

Hi can anyone help me i have a 2001 automatic avensis 1800 vvti and i have a error code of P0750 which says Shift Solenoid A Malfunction,does anyone know which solenoid it is inside the gearbox as there are 3, i am unable to find any pictures of them inside the box for reference,the problem i experience is when engine is warm it jumps from 2nd to top gear then back down to 2nd and normally back up again any response would be appreciated thanks.

Hi can anyone help me i have a 2001 automatic avensis 1800 vvti and i have a error code of P0750 which says Shift Solenoid A Malfunction,does anyone know which solenoid it is inside the gearbox as there are 3, i am unable to find any pictures of them inside the box for reference,the problem i experience is when engine is warm it jumps from 2nd to top gear then back down to 2nd and normally back up again any response would be appreciated thanks.

Hi mate I can't find any diagrams for you but you could to go to a Toyota dealers to order the parts and when you are there ask them to see the part on screen or in a parts manual then you will know which one and where it is. I would think to replace the solenoid you would drain the oil, remove the transmission sump plate to get at the solenoids but I have never worked on a Toyota Auto box so I am not 100% here. What happens if you start off in L then shift manually does it work ok then? Anyway I have included a PDF file (you will need the free Adobe reader to open this file) which does explain what is going on with a Toyota autobox, not exactly your one but the basics are the same.

Regards Pete.

Toyota auto trans.pdf

Thanks for your reply i have seen that pdf before wasn't very useful ive now replaced a solenoid i'm not sure it was the right 1 at a cost of £130 for the solenoid alone and i still have the problem please can anybody show any pics thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi "majorbleed". I have exactly the same problems. Can you let me know where you get this replaced from so that i can follow the same? Many thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links