Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazard Button Replacement

jwhataylor

Is it possible to replace the hazard button on an Aygo as ours is cracked? If it is, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

I'd have thought you'd be able to get one from a) Toyota dealer or B) Scrapyard? (Even though it's painful to think that Aygos are in scrapyards!). Hope you get it sorted, sorry I can't be of more help! :)

Hi jwhataylo, Are you an owner of an Aygo currently under manufactures warranty ? If you are, it should be done under warranty, the reason i say this is my Aygo had a small crack in the switch but not on the surface, it was actually in the material itself, I took it to the dealer and pointed it out to them, they changed it straight away.

regards

johnhrh

Not quite an owner yet, we pick the car up on Saturday. I called the dealer and explained the situation and they agreed to replace the switch under warranty.

Many thanks for your reply John.

Jeff

Thats odd!? When I bought my car. Its second had. The harzard light switch was cracked too. Wonder if its the bulb thats causing it to crack?

I was going to fix it myself, but £45 for the part was a tad expensive, so I thought I'd do as John suggested and give Toyota a call to see if the warrantly would cover it, which it is :thumbsup:

Hi, My car was new but only noticed it about 3 months ago, I got the impression it was a common fault but could be wrong.

johnhrh

I've had mne replaced under warranty too, but they only replaced the CAP, not the entire switch.

Seems to be a common fault: on our Dutch forum there were about 10 instances at least...

The cap absolutely does NOT crack due to the bulb: there's a low power LED inside: these don't warm up at all...

Got mine replaced under warranty a couple of years back, I noticed a minor hairline crack a month after I got my Aygo, wasn't going to do anything about it as it was only noticeable by me but over the next 4 months it went worst to a thick crack without any use of the switch by me.

Raised the problem when booking in for next service and they swapped the switch housing, reception guy had never see this problem before but mentioned that the service guy who did my car said he swapped out a couple before. No problem with the current switch cover so put the problem down to a bad batch of covers.

My sons 08 Aygo had the hazzard switch replaced under warranty.

There would appear to be a fault in the lense moulding :thumbsup: