Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What To Do With My Dead Celica?!

butterslices

Hey there everyone,

I'm hoping that I can get a little advice from you guys if that's not too cheeky for my first post!

My baby Celica (Silver Celica ST, 1998, 1762cc, 137,000 miles) recently popped a con rod through the engine block with dramatic effect while cruising along the M1 last night. I see from other threads this is an out come of the 'death rattle' as she's been guzzling oil as fast as petrol recently. Ive lost power a few times over the past week and last night she finally popped.

Now I'm in the dark as to where to go from here. The car due to mileage isn't worth a great deal (£500 IF she was working perhaps) so buying a replacement engine doesn't really make a great deal of sense as I can't see much for cheaper than £300 - £500 plus labour but she's still a tidy car with what must be some great parts still on her albeit a little older than ideal.

Anyway, so do I get paid a few pounds for a scrapper to tear her to bits? Or is she worth anything to a Toyota garage? Or is she worth anything to any of you that need more hunks of metal?

I welcome any and all advice!

Many thanks in advance,

Neil

AKA butterslices

Will you get that 2k for scrapping it? If so i think that would probably be the only way to go.

That scheme doesn't exist any more! Unfortunately it went to a normal scrapper for destruction today.

Problem solved.

Thanks.

Shame as I'm sure a breaker would have given you a few quid to take it away and break it for spares.

• 2 weeks later...

couldn't stand to loose my celica - every time something breaks i just pay out and say ' she's my baby i love her '

• 2 months later...

hi mate sorry to here your loss , im jim no doubt you ve seen me bombing about same car ,colour ,and i live in mk aswell ,if poss i could do with a couple of minor parts as my old girl is getting older like yours , hope to hear from you soon what ever decide

jim.