Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Mk2 Problem ! ( Help )

Pulsarlad

Hi

driving down a road today where i pulled onto a slightly hilly grass verge to park.however i was half on the road and half on the grass when i started to wheel spin.i was wheeling spinning but not moving..the strange thing thati was half on the verge and half on the road. i opened my door and looked at my wheel that was on the road to see if it was wheel spinning and it was nt ! but the other wheel was wheel spinning on the grass ! why would one rear wheel be spinning and the other not even moving ????? it still drives fine it seems but this is obv a sign that somethings wrong.if this happened on a snowy road with only one rear wheel having power to it the car would surly end up in a ditch ! please any advice on this.thankyou

thankyou for that info.but normlly if i drive half on the road & half on the grass verge i would still have grip the road side so my car would still be moving ( my car just stopped dead wheel spinning even though the wheel on the road had fine traction )the rear wheel on the verge side was spinning but the other wheel that had grip was not moving at all ??? both wheels should be moving at the same time ?? it was asif there was only power going to 1 rear wheel which is strange

You will find that nearly all cars do this unless you have the limited slip diff, traction control, diff lock or some other device, without any of the items mentioned a standard diff will always work like this, with no grip on one side the wheel will spin just the same as if it was jacked up off the ground, the only reason it will drive off is when grip in the spinning wheel is established and drive resumes.

ok.i am prob just being a muppet but it just did'nt seem right at the time as i am sure u could understand.so can i stop worrying then LOL.

yep all is well. a standard diff will send power to whichever wheel has least grip

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links