Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20,000 Uninterrupted Miles

Deputy Dog

I have had my Prius Gen3 for about 7 months and have just passed the 20,000 mile mark. I have to say that this is one fab car to drive. There have been some niggling incidences where it does skid away if the front wheels hit two opposite textures in the braking motion, e.g. tarmac and a drain cover. I can't recall having similar problems with my previous cars. Apart from that though everything else is fine. Mileage averages about 63.8 although my journey is a mixture of motorway, dual carriageway and some city driving. Visibility is good and the pwr button an excellent alternative to pressing hard on the accelerator. Toyota do need to review their Ipod connection accessory. A waste of money although those of you with a higher spec might disagree. I am driving the T3 so ipod controls are limited.

I have had my Prius Gen3 for about 7 months and have just passed the 20,000 mile mark. I have to say that this is one fab car to drive. There have been some niggling incidences where it does skid away if the front wheels hit two opposite textures in the braking motion, e.g. tarmac and a drain cover. I can't recall having similar problems with my previous cars. Apart from that though everything else is fine. Mileage averages about 63.8 although my journey is a mixture of motorway, dual carriageway and some city driving. Visibility is good and the pwr button an excellent alternative to pressing hard on the accelerator. Toyota do need to review their Ipod connection accessory. A waste of money although those of you with a higher spec might disagree. I am driving the T3 so ipod controls are limited.

Glad you like it :thumbsup:

That's a big mileage in a short time!

Agree with ipod comment.

I had the ipod connectivity kit added and the only advantage is that it can charge my iPhone neatly without me having to have another 12v accessory lead.

Apart from that it's a waste of time / money.

Once connected the playlists that are displayed end up completely random - and loads of tracks are missing.

Have resorted to connecting it to the Aux socket.

M

I have had my Prius Gen3 for about 7 months and have just passed the 20,000 mile mark. I have to say that this is one fab car to drive. There have been some niggling incidences where it does skid away if the front wheels hit two opposite textures in the braking motion, e.g. tarmac and a drain cover. I can't recall having similar problems with my previous cars.

Yep, it is definitely a weird feeling, I'd describe it more like the brakes have "let go", or going floaty, for an instance. It is unfortunately a feature of the Prius regenerative braking system, which possibly explains why you haven't experienced it before?