Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For A Spare Wheel...advice

bluevortex

I need a small spare wheel to go in the boot. I know what your thinking, I have 4 T180 wheels so why not use one of those? Well, they are going to Aberdeen to get repaired so need to get the tyres removed and I will be without them for a while. If I have a puncture I will left high and dry. Therefore, looking for a an affordable wheel that would work in a punctures situation with my 17" XTR wheels

Any for sale? Any ideas where I could find one that matches my requirements? I couldn't see that much on eBay....

Blue

I need a small spare wheel to go in the boot. I know what your thinking, I have 4 T180 wheels so why not use one of those? Well, they are going to Aberdeen to get repaired so need to get the tyres removed and I will be without them for a while. If I have a puncture I will left high and dry. Therefore, looking for a an affordable wheel that would work in a punctures situation with my 17" XTR wheels

Any for sale? Any ideas where I could find one that matches my requirements? I couldn't see that much on ebay....

Blue

Bloo....phone me on mobile....may be able for to be helping.

Big Kev.

Does a spare wheel need to be the same size? I have 4 XTR wheels for winter and if I get a puncture I need a 'get me to the garage' wheel. bigKev has offered a 17" 4.2 wheel for loan but would this fit my 4.3? I had hoped to pick up a cheap make do wheel on eBay but no luck finding one yet!

Blue

You best have the same diameter on the tyre as your current tyres. The exact width of the tread of the tyre doesn't need to match though.

So simply measuring with a ruler is good. Any tyre will do then (winter, all season and summer).

Quite some carbrands carry the bring home type of tyre. But usually those are too much different in diameter then the ones you currently have, which could affect your car's driving behaviour.

Greetz

Pim

You can run a CRV on a !Removed! spacesaver so Kevs Granite wheel will be OK. Now just how yoy stand legally is another matter. I doubt it would ever get picked up as a spare just to get you home/while your standard was repaired.

Bigkev's offer of loan is appreciated but I am planning removing the T180 RFT's so would need one to own and carry permanently.

I guess that's a dilemma then because I would be running 18" in summer months and 17" in winter

Blue

I know you are having the RFTs refurbed but I would just carry one of the opposites when you swap over.

I know you are having the RFTs refurbed but I would just carry one of the opposites when you swap over.

Probably will do Anch, would make sense. BigKev mentioned a mobile wheel refurb company in Glasgow that he used previously and did a great job. I will speak to BK when he gets back after his hols...

Probably will do Anch, would make sense. BigKev mentioned a mobile wheel refurb company in Glasgow that he used previously and did a great job. I will speak to BK when he gets back after his hols...

If its just a temporary fix have you considered carrying a can of temporary puncture repair stuff from Halfords?

They do a can for large wheels -16", for around £15.

This stuff will not fix side wall punctures, but for others is supposed to be good enough to get you home, has any body else any experience of this item?

Andrew

I know most repair centres won't touch a tyre once that stuff has been used.

I heard the same thing and will steer clear of it for that reason!

• 2 weeks later...