Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.4D 2007/2008 - Real Life Mpg And What Price?

apples69

hi, i've signed up with this forum, in the hope that someone can help me, i'm planning on buying a Yaris 1.4d 2007/2008 with the alloys wheels, i think its called the tr model, looks like this one here with the wheels

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201044372375461/sort/priceasc/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/model/yaris/make/toyota/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/bd88nh/keywords/2008?logcode=p

i know its quoted at 65mpg combined, but can someone tell me the real life mpg for

local driving - slow and hard

motorway driving

how much should i be looking at paying for a 2007 or 2008 plate?

i'm in the uk

chris

Hi Apples,

Well that’s got a lot of mileage quickly...

My Black 5 door T-Spirit 54 plate Dec 04 has 81,000 miles and I get regular 540 miles to a tank.

That is all sorts of driving. Does drop a little in the winter but still clears over 500.

Road tax £30.

It’s up 4 sale too at £3950ono.

Hope this helps.

Ray

the OP wanted MPG? not miles per tank.Or how mant litres in the tank and I'l work it out

I have the previous gen Yaris D4D; Worst mpg on a full tank so far has been ~56mpg (Urban only, traffic jam hell), best was 81mpg (Maaany airport runs)

I'd estimate 55-60 for urban driving and 70+ for motorway driving at ~60mph.

70mph makes quite a big dent to the mpg vs 60mph!

I too have the previous gen Yaris D4D; T Spirit with aircon on all the time.

I do almost 90% urban driving, 5% A roads and 5% motor ways.

Overall I average 57mpg: since 2006. On long journeys, IF I drive hard : c 62-64, IF I drive relaxed c 68mpg.

I would epect real world Mark2 to do slightly better under those conditions.

My figures are based uopn a full miles/litres record for my ownership so pretty accurate..

I do not attempt to drive slowly or get best fuel consumption : if I did I would expect to better the above by a little as I am not a harsh driver.

cha2767L.png

I have the last gen yaris so it is probably slightly better due to being lighter. But the newer one wont be too far off. Mostly open road driving at around 50 to 60 mph.

bought yaris 1.4d sr model new in october2007 done nearly 25000miles i drive it fairly hard average 52mpg.

can get 58mpg if i take it easy

With a,so far, mix of urban and rural in my new Yaris 1.4D TR (MMT) the average displayed is 57.1 miles/gallon. I'm sure that will improve significantly on a long run, when the engine loosens up some more (only 350 miles) and the weather improves (temperature).

I brimmed the tank last week and zeroed the trip and will check that way too when I next brim the tank and compare it to the mileage. I suspect that's the more accurate check. :yes: