Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Faulty Water Pump...

bertieuk

Hi, i think the Water Pump on my 06 Aygo is faulty :crybaby: . I was looking at posts on here and decided to check mine. There seems to be white crust on the outside and a big build up on the inside when i stick my finger in a bit. I've only had the car just under three months, so it's going back to the dealer tomorrow for a checkup while it's still under warranty.

It's not massively obvious but it was 11pm when i took the photo

I've attached a photo so you can give me your opinion.

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

photo1q.jpg

It is not unusual for these water pumps to leak.

Tell tale signs of leakage are a "spatter" of pink coolant on the under bonnet in line with the water pump.

If the car is still under warranty the dealer will replace the pump with a modified version which appears to solve the problem.

You have the old type which appears to be leaking slightly, but small leaks become big leaks! The dealer will change under warranty.

Second that.

Looks like it's on it's way.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95418&hl=pump

New water pump......You will also need the longer bolt set.....

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106755&st=0&p=968823&hl=+water%20+pump%20+look&fromsearch=1entry968823

Shouldn't be a problem under warranty.

Ian.

OP has only had the car three months and I assume it was from a dealer so it will have a warranty.

So, they fitted a new waterpump, it looks like the new style as well. However now my car makes a weird noise, but only when you are moving. E.g if i have it in neutral but rev the engine it doesn't do it, but if it's in gear and start to move it does. Should i take it back and get them to check it. I wouldn't mind but it's only started doing it since they fitted the new pump.

So, they fitted a new waterpump, it looks like the new style as well. However now my car makes a weird noise, but only when you are moving. E.g if i have it in neutral but rev the engine it doesn't do it, but if it's in gear and start to move it does. Should i take it back and get them to check it. I wouldn't mind but it's only started doing it since they fitted the new pump.

Only thing I can think of is if the belt is a slighly different tension.

Also if any coolant was spilled on it while it was being worked on.

Generaly makes a squeeky / creaky cound like a washing machine.

Why it would only do this while the car is in motion, no idea?

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links