Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr And Ecu Reset Worked Wonders!

dward32

I had noticed my T180 power delivery was very jerky and slow from pull away, it also had a flat spot around 3000rpm

So whilst on the way home from work on a "German autobahn" 2 days ago I decided to test the max speed claim.. the car got to 120 and acceleration slowed after about 20 seconds it eventually got to 130 but that was absolute max.

Looking at the stats the engine should be capable of 136...

So with the help of others on this forum, I removed the EGR which was badly blocked, cleaned it and also pulled the ECU fuse for a reset.

On a test drive the power delivery is a lot smoother, its still not brilliant at pulling away from a stop but definitely better than before, the flat spot appears to have gone completely.

So for the TOP SPEED TEST, I did the test again at exactly the same time of day, same engine and outside temp, same section of road. Result 140MPH!! and i reckon if I hadn't have run out of road I might have got another MPH or 2!

If you have similar issues I strongly suggest doing the work I did, only takes 30 minutes and well worth it.

Good news !

Just curious which ECU fuse you pulled out - I think when I did this I found more than 1.

Good news !

Just curious which ECU fuse you pulled out - I think when I did this I found more than 1.

Yes i think it was two I pulled.. 21 and 26 ring a bell but dont quote me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links