Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Invincible 200 Alarm Problem

Burty01

Hi

I have ahda my invincible 200 since new and have had the same problem for 21/2 yrs now, most nights just whgen I get into a deep sleep the alarm goes off ffor no reason, the Toyota dealers (6) I have had the car at say there is no problem, my ASBO says diffirent??

Help........ can any one shed any light on this problem?

The dealer just called once again to say there is no problem, Im at my wits end somebody must have had a similar problem?

When I picked up tha car from the dealer thaysaid that they had reduced the sensitivity of the alarm....it still went off last night and again this afternoon...

I have the book which came with it and its for a TVSS V alarm, I cant get the doors to locak after the 30 second period when if the doors are not physicaly opened after unlocking they should self lock..

How can I find out what type of alarm is in the car? it doesnt seem to be the one I have the book for?

Also just how do you disconnect the alarm??

Hi

I have just bought an 09 3.0 crew cab in the last 4 weeks and I am having the same problem with the alarm it could go off 3 times today or tonight and then be ok for a week. A friend has suggested that if your phone goes off in the jeep on vibrate that that can trigger the alarm so I have made sure that I do not leave my phone in the jeep the last few days and so far the alarm has not gone off but as I said it could be ok for a week .... I can't think what else can be causing it unless some of them are faulty ? I will let you know if I find the reason.

Regards Gerry

HI

I am new here but I hope I can help.

Do you have anything hanging in the vehicle i.e air fresheners? Wind moving the vehicle can swing the object which starts the alarm.

Are they any cats in your area, which may walk over the vehicle?

I used to fit alarms and these sorts of problems were quit common.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Im a new member and joined out of frustration.Bought a new hilux invincible in july and have irregular bouts of the alarm activating but unlike you guys mine has only went off once while parked up and this was during a hail storm.My problem is it going off while I am driving, it can be ok for a couple of weeks and then go off three times a day every other day for the next couple.The dealership could find no problem but thought it might be the bonnet switch (I dont think so)and duly adjusted it.Alas three days later all hell let loose, it goes back in again on monday. Will post result

Has anyone had a similar problem

At Last the dealer has commited and said the entire system is needing rpelaced....

Unfortunataly he is not willing to do the work and has told me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from, I contacted Toyota Customer Service and they were tottaly unhelpful infact completely hopeless.

Toyota If your reading this your customer service is terrible....

• 13 years later...
On 11/19/2010 at 9:27 PM, Burty01 said:

At Last the dealer has commited and said the entire system is needing rpelaced....

Unfortunataly he is not willing to do the work and has told me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from, I contacted Toyota Customer Service and they were tottaly unhelpful infact completely hopeless.

Toyota If your reading this your customer service is terrible....

On 11/12/2010 at 5:02 AM, Burty01 said:

The dealer just called once again to say there is no problem, Im at my wits end somebody must have had a similar problem?

Hi Burty. Did you get a successful result?

43 minutes ago, Hoplessly Frustrated said:

Hi Burty. Did you get a successful result?

Burty last visited the Club in November 2010, so it seems unlikely they will reply.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links