Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4.1 Front Fog Lights

Worlds End Stu

Hi Gang,

I've been looking at what options I have for fitting front fog lights to my 1995 4.1.

Until today i've never even seen a 4.1 with front fogs!

As I understand it, front fogs were fitted to US models between 96 and 97 and in the UK aftermarket kits were available.

Does anyone actually have any pictures of a 4.1 with front fogs other than lashed to a bull bar?

The only thing i've found (and that was today) was this Ltd Edition 1998 RAV which looks like it has a very different front bumper incorporating the fogs.

Does anything exist which uses a more normal looking front bumper?

Anyone know if this Ltd Edition bumper is available as a replacement for a normal one?

Cheers!

Stu.

post-97078-022419400 1289496042_thumb.jp

post-97078-097919200 1289496071_thumb.jp

post-97078-017101600 1289496115_thumb.jp

Anyone know if this Ltd Edition bumper is available as a replacement for a normal one?

Cheers!

Stu.

Thats the same as mine (Rav4 Giant). If you look closely, its the normal Rav4 98-00 bumper with a lower valance fitted with has the fog lights.

They are (as default) wired to come on with full beam, but could easily be reqired to work with a dash switch.

I have been all over it to see if there was any part numbers stamped anywhere but couldnt find any.

Chassis number if thats any use, SXA10R-AZMGKW, some dealers can trace parts using chassis numbers.

Or if you prefer not to been seen from space (lol!), bit more discreet!! :D

Quick phone pic at lunchtime, hence the poor quality.

DSC00234.jpg

Or if you prefer not to been seen from space (lol!), bit more discreet!! :D

Quick phone pic at lunchtime, hence the poor quality.

DSC00234.jpg

Many thanks for the pic.

BTW - I can't quite make out in the pic, what are your driving lights screwed into? The bumper or the bonnet lid?

I can't quite make out in the pic, what are your driving lights screwed into? The bumper or the bonnet lid?

They are on a U bracket with a M12 bolt through top bumper with nut and biggest washer I could find (& fit) to prevent them from wobbling on bumper. Been on about a year now, no issues at all.

Universal spots from eBay, took a while to find back backed ones (wasnt too keen on the shiny chrome ones that are widely available).