Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Vs. Clio Sport Vs. 206 Gti

illuminati

i will be purchasing one of these cars at the end of this month.

i would appreciate your opinions on these cars, as the clio and 206 r european and im in australia so it difficult for me to get info on them... so dont kno how they compare with the t sport.

if you know of a clio forum it would b great.

thanx for the help.

what i kno so far is that the clio weights appros 200kgs less the the tsport. and it has 20Nms more but 20kW less. it also has plastic front panels but that dosnt bother me much. and it has much better suspension(better for my style of driving not everyones, just my opinon)

the 206 is 100kgs less and is abit better in quality but it costs just out of my price range...

what im tring to decide is wether the clio is worth the extra few grand they are charging for it.

I think the best is to test drive all these three cars and "feel" it out. The Tsport would be the most comfortable car to drive i would say because it is the roomiest and the Corolla's ergonomics would be better than the Clio and 206. If you are talking about performance, the Clio sport and 206 180 GTi would be lineball with each other. The Tsport would probably be the slowest, all due to the torque factor and the way the engine delivers its power. The Clio and 206 would also handle better than the Tsport (stock). But it will come down to the cost with the Tsport being the most affordable.

I personally went for the Tsport because i love the engine and i believe Toyotas are more reliable. I was picking between the Type-R or Tsport but the Tsport was more affordable and practical so gave up on being a loyal Honda fan. :lol:

Zee

i will b test driving the clio tomorow. been in the rolla already but i couldnt push it much becase the dealer was a !Removed!. <_<

thanx for the feedback! :thumbsup:

i had a 206 gti for a year or so. it was the slower one although still quite nippy. it was the worst car i have ever driven, it was very uncomfortable, the handling was sh*t, it rattled, I hated it. The wheels were sh*t, the tires sort of sit over the lip of the wheel so that kerbing the wheel when parking rogered the tire. The thing was i didn't bother testing drving it before i picked it up and regretted it almost from the moment I got in it. I was drove london- toulouse in it and by the time we got there i had to have the roof off and was craned out by the pompier. the 206 was one bad car

i prefer the cts

Hi,

Please feel free to use this site:www.zeperfs.freesurf.fr.

It containes info/performance for cars you whish!

Cheers,

Mircea

Mate, I know I rattle on about it a lot but don't buy a French car! French cars go ok but the build quality is absolutely dyer and the worst in the world. I drive a clio for work and it's crap. Honest go for the Pug if you HAVE to have a French car. My Clio needed a new ECU at 11,000 miles, the interior is falling apart, the gearstick gaiter has come off and cannot be repaired (apparently), the glove box wont stay shut, dash trim peeling off, engine now rattles like a diesel after 38,000 miles and I don't drive like a boyracer. For the sake of 1 or 2 miles an hour and 1 or 2 secs to 60 buy the Rolla and have, simply put, an infinately better/more solid/ reliable car that will last 4 times longer than this Gallic Rubbish I am forced to drive on a daily basis.

Mate, I know I rattle on about it a lot but don't buy a French car! French cars go ok but the build quality is absolutely dyer and the worst in the world. I drive a clio for work and it's crap. Honest go for the Pug if you HAVE to have a French car. My Clio needed a new ECU at 11,000 miles, the interior is falling apart, the gearstick gaiter has come off and cannot be repaired (apparently), the glove box wont stay shut, dash trim peeling off, engine now rattles like a diesel after 38,000 miles and I don't drive like a boyracer. For the sake of 1 or 2 miles an hour and 1 or 2 secs to 60 buy the Rolla and have, simply put, an infinately better/more solid/ reliable car that will last 4 times longer than this Gallic Rubbish I am forced to drive on a daily basis.

Its not just a one off with my Clio either, I know a few people who wished they'd never bothered.

Yeah i got a friend that bought his clio brand new and within a few months the drivers seat air bag exploded for no reason and he went back to get it sorted, cost a load of money to change it so he didnt bother, so my opinion dont go for clios.... they are nice cars but not so reliable. :unsure:

This link dont work fella!

No but i typed the url in and there aint 1 single 'good' report for this latest incarnation of Nicoles car. Papa, no Papper.

Hi!

The 206 is absolutely nothing but ****. Had one before and it spent about 20% of the time in the garage for failing fule gauge, leaking fuel tank, broken seat heater etc. etc....

The driving position is crap! It's built for people with longer arms then legs... (Maybe this is the normal anatomy in France?) After 1½ year the rust started to apprear on several places. Don't go down that road...

The Clio I have no experience in but have heard alot of good things about handling. Still it's as someone else already mentioned still a french car...

The Toyota is in my opinion by far the better car but also has it flaws. The handling is very weak (way to soft suspension) for the performance it has. Also there are some irritating rattles in the car that should not be there in a new car. Still comfort and quality compared to the 206 is like comparing a battletank with Mercedes...

If I were you I'd rather have a look at the CTR as an option to the CTS. Haven't driven it but I hear only good things.

what im tring to decide is wether the clio is worth the extra  few grand they are charging for it.

what are the prices of the car out there ?

In the uk you can get a new clio 2.0 for £11,000, the 206 2.0 is £11,999 and the toyota is around 15,599

also can you get the new mini cooper s ?

I cannot quite speak of the actual car models, but the car manufacturers.

My family has owned all sorts of cars,

Yugos

Morris,

Ford,

Peugout,

Daewoo,

Mazda,

. . .

Some of which we had more then one. However the only car we have kept with us for years where the Toyotas, we usualy sold them, because we had too many vehicles rather then they made us sick. Other japense cars weren't bad, usualy it was a matter of expensive parts that didn't get us into keeping them.

So, from our experience (and a little bit of mine), TOYOTA! is the best.

So, go for the flippin Toyota, that is a reliable car.

Gearbox started to whine this morning and Bobba, the Clio is the same mate, built for people with 8ft legs and no arms!

I test drove all three of these cars, and some others, before deciding on the TSport. I drove the Clio 172 Cup and it's a bag of bolts. The interior trim felt like it had been affixed with velcro. I did not see it getting home without something falling off.

The Pug was better but as I am over 6' tall I found it a little cramped.

The only way you will know which car to buy is to go and drive them all, maybe two or three times.

Snert

I thought about getting a Clio 172 but couldn't find one to test drive. The only one I found was being repaired and the mechanic didn't exactly have much good to say about it ;)

I won't touch a Peugeot either! My last car was a 206cc and it was the biggest pile of :censor: I've ever driven/owned (and I've driven some crap ones ;) ) The build quality was rubbish, dealer service was even worse. I'm not one to complain normally but that car really did push me to it with all it's faults. Numerous trips back to the Dealer, letters to Peugeut HQ etc. I owned it for 16 miserable months from new before swapping it for my Corolla.

TSport wins out of that list. It may not be the quickest or best looking but at least it's not French :thumbsup:

I was picking between the Type-R or Tsport but the Tsport was more affordable and practical so gave up on being a loyal Honda fan. :lol:

I know! I like Hondas but why do they have to have such a high insurance group compared to rivals!?!?

:angry:

I was picking between the Type-R or Tsport but the Tsport was more affordable and practical so gave up on being a loyal Honda fan.  :lol:

I know! I like Hondas but why do they have to have such a high insurance group compared to rivals!?!?

:angry:

easier to nick

first of all if all the cars in you price list around the same then forget all the french craps

how about german cars ?

if you are thinking going for the typeR before you do have a look or test drive golf r32

i drove one of these last week is very nice and will beat a standard cts in a race without a doult :

French cars are absolute crap....

It's your choice though.... :)

the r32 is 23K plus isn't it. it's quicker than the 4 motion so would and should be quicker than the cts or the ctr

the r32 is 23K plus

sorry i got carry away :P

go for a use one :D

r32 is a lovely hatchback :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links