Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Niggles

monya

Yes it seems a good car and I'm generally happy but here is my list of niggles:

1) the pokey wing mirror button you can't find in the dark.

2) the warning tone if, say, you leave the lights on by mistake - a bleep would be more noticeable.

3) the dashboard is illuminated ALL the time

4) could have had led rear stoplights like the Prius - they last longer!

5) soft paint which needs extra tlc, at some expense.

Would be interested to know Prius niggles chaps. Assuming there are some :unsure:

The only thing I can think of is no electric folding exterior mirrors....

Oh and the fact that people in car parks don't give a sh*t when they open their doors... Inconsiderate b's....

I'd would add a few of my own, all small niggles, I'm sure they are common in lots of cars.

1. Turning circle could be a little bit better. Was used to a tigher one in my Jazz.

2. Finding a few things rattling or cracking (sound) around the dash now that its approaching 1000 miles. One I've found and corrected, but another regular one has cropped up. Need my wife to find it as its on the passenger side. Probably more noticable in this car since its so quiet on Battery mode.

3. Flat steering wheel at bottom. Why?

4. Silly place for 12v power.

5. Auto wipers waiting too long sometimes even on max sensitivity, might be because I have GTechniq coating on.

6. Getting used to the brakes now, they change feel radically at different speeds.

7. Rear window demisting wires refracting headlights.

8. Optional window tint darkens outward vision too much.

Still is the best car I've ever owned, has far more plus points than negative ones.

Easier to get your legs under it when you get in and out (assuming steering wheel is centered)

I'd would add a few of my own, all small niggles, I'm sure they are common in lots of cars.

1. Turning circle could be a little bit better. Was used to a tigher one in my Jazz.

2. Finding a few things rattling or cracking (sound) around the dash now that its approaching 1000 miles. One I've found and corrected, but another regular one has cropped up. Need my wife to find it as its on the passenger side. Probably more noticable in this car since its so quiet on battery mode.

4. Silly place for 12v power.

5. Auto wipers waiting too long sometimes even on max sensitivity, might be because I have GTechniq coating on.

6. Getting used to the brakes now, they change feel radically at different speeds.

7. Rear window demisting wires refracting headlights.

8. Optional window tint darkens outward vision too much.

Still is the best car I've ever owned, has far more plus points than negative ones.

Is your niggle No. 5 a consequence of my niggle No. 5?

The only thing I can think of is no electric folding exterior mirrors....

Check out monya's post & 11:55 to-day - Item 1 !!

Looks like you could have the perfect car if you haven't found that button :yahoo:

A couple of my whines :angry: :--

1. Speedo calibration marking could be improved to highlight the 30-40-50 MPH places [i find this car so quiet that it is so easy to overspeed]

2. A silly 'boot door not closed' warning. What I get is the yellow triangle bleeping and flashing, which could be a multitude of things. Mind you it makes you stop and investigate!

Why not have a normal 'door not closed' graphic like the other entry doors?

3. Why have a separate button for 'Park'? There is a spare position on the transmission switch [forward from B], incorporate it there like conventional auto transmission levers.

Not that I ever use it as it is activated by the normal 'Switch Off' button anyway.

Is your niggle No. 5 a consequence of my niggle No. 5?

Indeed it is. The whole car is coated. A consequence of buying any Japanese model car these days. I was going to do the same with a Honda CR-Z but changed my mind at the 11th hour to Toyota. Even with the coating though, I've already had a faint scratch from !Removed! tree cuttings sticking out.

6) Forgot this! Keyless entry is great BUT if me and the mrs are out together, if she wants to leave her bag in the boot with the car key inside,when I lock up the car has a fit saying the keys are detected within and it won't lock. Mrs Monya has to take her keys too :rolleyes:

Got to agree with the electric exterior mirror switch, could do with being illuminated, or even better still they should swing out when the power button is pressed.

The other niggle I have is the average mileage, it does not work independently on total mileage / trip A / trip B, depress the button to reset it, and it is cleared accross all. I would have it so that I could see the average mileage since I got the car / my ave since I last filled up on trip A / and my ave for a specific trip on B.

I like my new boot maximiser, now have both options and can change between them both if I need to.

A long list of likes that confirm I really like the new car.

A long list of likes that confirm I really like the new car.

Good to hear.

My niggle is that I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered! :(

Got to agree with the electric exterior mirror switch, could do with being illuminated...

When I had a Prius for an extended testdrive recently I let a motor trader friend of mine have a nose about it. While he was impressed overall, he was surprised at some of the cost-cutting in the cabin. The lack of illuminated stalks and switches was, for him, the most egregious example.

Got to agree with the electric exterior mirror switch, could do with being illuminated...

When I had a Prius for an extended testdrive recently I let a motor trader friend of mine have a nose about it. While he was impressed overall, he was surprised at some of the cost-cutting in the cabin. The lack of illuminated stalks and switches was, for him, the most egregious example.

Why illuminate stalks? After 2 minutes of driving you know where they are!! A bit like the illuminated gear shifter?..

:thumbsup:

Why illuminate stalks? After 2 minutes of driving you know where they are!! A bit like the illuminated gear shifter?..

:thumbsup:

No point illuminating them on the prius, they're hidden behind the steering wheel anyway, all you would see is a glow. :blink:

Thought I would add my two penneth...

1) the pokey wing mirror button you can't find in the dark.

I agree, it would be nice if the switch toggled an 'auto fold' when the car was locked, failing that it should at least light up!

3) the dashboard is illuminated ALL the time

The dash on my last Auris lit up all the time. I have noticed with the HSD it dims automatically, where my last Auris only dimmed when you switched the headlights on. Main issue with the illuminated dash is the mix of colours Toyota have used - I find it a tad distracting.

4) could have had led rear stoplights like the Prius - they last longer!

I've never had a stop lamp bulb go yet, but I think the LED route would help re-enforce the 'green-ness' of the car, especially given Toyota went to the trouble of fitting LED DRLs...

I agree, but I think it is to do with the larger wheels.

2. Finding a few things rattling or cracking (sound) around the dash now that its approaching 1000 miles. One I've found and corrected, but another regular one has cropped up. Need my wife to find it as its on the passenger side. Probably more noticable in this car since its so quiet on battery mode.

Not really noticed any dash rattles. I do seem to get lots of squeaking from the rear seats/boot area though. I've put this down to being able to hear the noises above the silence of the electric motors!

I like the auto wipers, but never use the auto headlights - I find they come on and off too much, e.g. on a sunny day driving down a partly shaded road.

My other niggles are:

1. The fuel consumption is not quite as good as I expected. Having said that, it is still on average better than my diesel Auris. With zero road tax and free parking helps too. Not sure I will break even on the extra cost of the hybrid, but I like the advantages of the automatic and peaceful drive.

2. The fuel gauge could be more accurate. It starts reporting low fuel even with 10 litres left. I know you could say you can work to this (i.e. when it is flashing you still have x miles left), but one day I will get caught out!

Yup!

I mentioned rattles in the dash to my dealer the other day and he said they've been given some new mandate to have interior noise complaints dealt with by specific Toyota engineers. I don't know how that would be organised, but he did ask me specifically if the noises I get are at the rear of the car. I replied no since so far I've only noticed a few at the front.

Currently the only real annoying noise seems to be coming from the large silver centre piece, around where the hand brake is. I thought it might be associated with heat expansion since the car is much colder now in the mornings, then the heating comes on as I drive off. But the noises definitely correspond to when I'm driving over rough road, but I can't find what the cause is.

Illuminated stalks? Not even my BMW 750 had those...Sounds as useful as the IPA system or rear window heating on a panelled van.

I like the auto wipers, but never use the auto headlights - I find they come on and off too much, e.g. on a sunny day driving down a partly shaded road.

My other niggles are:

2. The fuel gauge could be more accurate. It starts reporting low fuel even with 10 litres left. I know you could say you can work to this (i.e. when it is flashing you still have x miles left), but one day I will get caught out!

Hi Gav18,

The sensitivity of the automaticheadlights can be adjusted at your garage. I've set mine to one step less sensitive. So it must be darker before they turn on.

The fuel gauge starts to blink at about 10 litres but wil flash faster at 5 litres... So you can wait with refuelling when it flashes faster.