Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternative Steel Wheels For Aygo?

JimmyR

After last winter I'm desperately hoping that this winter will be even better i.e. with more, deeper, long lasting snow! :rolleyes: I've managed to source a pair of standard steel wheels (from a Peugeot 107) but (apart from the Citroen C1) are there any other steel wheels that would directly fit an Aygo? What about Yaris wheels for example?

[i've already bought a pair of Goodyear Ultra Grip 7+ winter tyres (tread as per small pics) in the standard 155/65 R14 size to fit on the steel wheels but am now considering buying another two for the rear of the car]

Thank you.

Regards

JimmyR

post-100897-057605000 1289579529_thumb.j

post-100897-064346200 1289579599_thumb.j

After last winter I'm desperately hoping that this winter will be even better i.e. with more, deeper, long lasting snow! :rolleyes: I've managed to source a pair of standard steel wheels (from a Peugeot 107) but (apart from the Citroen C1) are there any other steel wheels that would directly fit an Aygo? What about Yaris wheels for example?

[i've already bought a pair of Goodyear Ultra Grip 7+ winter tyres (tread as per small pics) in the standard 155/65 R14 size to fit on the steel wheels but am now considering buying another two for the rear of the car]

Thank you.

Regards

JimmyR

Blooming 'eck Jimmy!!! You want MORE snow!!!!!

Last year was much too much for me thank you very much... Give me temperatures of at least 18c, preferably 22 to 28 and wall to wall sun will do nicely :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

It's just not fair. It's past midnight on Sunday 28th November and although it's now just below zero temperature-wise, we still haven't had a flake of snow in Hove so far. :angry: Since Friday I now have two steel wheels with brand new 155/65 R14 Goodyear UltraGrip 7+ winter tyres fitted on them so please, please let some of the Yorkshire show blow this way and soon! :rolleyes:

Regards

JimmyR

Don't use Yaris wheels; They fit on the hub but use a different nut fitting (Conical vs flat).

I got a nice set off alloys off PaulT because of that! :thumbsup: :D

Thanx for the tip Cyker. Presumably the Yaris wheels fit if Yaris nuts are used?

Finally my wish came true and I've been to the ball! We had 7" (that's a real, measured by ruler figure) of snow in Central Hove last night (more slightly further north) and my Aygo really was unstoppable with its skinny new Goodyear winter tyres. Sadly it wasn't quite perfect because I now know I should have bought 4 winter tyres and not just 2. It's somewhat oversteery which is fun but not when there are oncoming vehicles. It almost felt like I had a passenger pulling on the handbrake for fun. It also felt a little hairy on steeply cambered roads when just driving straight with the rear wheels wanting to slide sideways towards the kerb. Nobody has any premium 155/63 xR14 winter tyres stock yet but at least after Sunday I will have enough steel Aygo wheels to allow another 2 winter tyres to be fitted. As the Daily Express claim it could be the coldest winter for 100 years (yes One Hundred!) I'll be well prepared.

I'm not sure how to directly embed the photos into these posts. The snowplough look wasn't posed because this was how deep the (almost) virgin snow in Radinden Manor Road, Hove looked this morning.

Regards

JimmyR

post-100897-013304700 1291314129_thumb.j

post-100897-042146500 1291314987_thumb.j

post-100897-097266400 1291314966_thumb.j

post-100897-034044100 1291314947_thumb.j

post-100897-005304200 1291314926_thumb.j