Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius T Spirit

Dithers

I hope to order a Prius T Spirit next week!

With this in mind, is it possible to download an owners manual on line, (like you can for a digital camera)?

I feel that the move from a diesel Renault Scenic to the Prius is a big step away from a conventional car

and it would be good to have some prior knowledge of it's workings.

Thank you

David

I hope to order a Prius T Spirit next week!

With this in mind, is it possible to download an owners manual on line, (like you can for a digital camera)?

I feel that the move from a diesel Renault Scenic to the Prius is a big step away from a conventional car

and it would be good to have some prior knowledge of it's workings.

Thank you

David

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I believe there is only a handbook for the US version, but not sure where it is. Others may be able to help...

I only have an online handbook for the upcoming plug in Prius due to be released mid 2012 :P

To be honest, there's not much you need to know before you get the car. It's very easy to drive and you'll pick up all the quirks and foibles on how to get the very best out of it in due course.

I do know that going from a Scenic diesel to the Prius will be soo quiet and enjoyable.

I changed from a big 4X4 to a Prius and understand your worries especially because it is such a high tech vehicle. To understand the majority of the controls and features Turners of Cambridge who supplied the car were really helpful by giving me the manuals on ordering my new car. Perhaps the dealer you intent to order from will assist you.

Good luck and be brave in my opinion the benefits far outweigh any shortfalls!

You can download a copy of the US-Canada owners' manual here.

It's 35 Mb so it's not tiny!

I have not been able to find an online copy of the UK version.

HTH

R04drunner1

Thank you. I received a PDF copy of the USA handbook from a member the other day and have since been through it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my new Prius T-Spirit and got it home, only to have a foot of snow deposited on it.

What a bummer! :wacko:

post-101219-025724800 1291461983_thumb.j

Bought my new Prius T-Spirit and got it home, only to have a foot of snow deposited on it.

Oh I thought that was one of the aftermarket paint protection products the dealers always try and sell! :thumbsup:

I changed from a big 4X4 to a Prius and understand your worries especially because it is such a high tech vehicle. To understand the majority of the controls and features Turners of Cambridge who supplied the car were really helpful by giving me the manuals on ordering my new car. Perhaps the dealer you intent to order from will assist you.

Good luck and be brave in my opinion the benefits far outweigh any shortfalls!

turners of cambridge maybe ok,but turners of buty st edmunds,would not touch with barge pole.i am talking about sales staff here.

Since the last car I polished avidly was an A35, and I haven't polished a car since, I'm sure one of you Prius owners will tell me what you think is the best wax polish for my 'snowy' P/white Prius? :unsure:

Since the last car I polished avidly was an A35, and I haven't polished a car since, I'm sure one of you Prius owners will tell me what you think is the best wax polish for my 'snowy' P/white Prius? :unsure:

Hi,

I've used Collinite No.476s Super Double Coat Auto Wax, which I found from another thread on this site. Its quite easy to use and not hard to buff off, main thing is it doesn't seem to leave a powder on your car when polishing it.

If you can find the time it does help to apply it in layers, the more the better finish, but you're advised to leave 24 hours between applications. The end result on my Pearl white is a fantastic shine, the pearlescent really shows through.

Cost, from £12.99 to 16.99, I bought mine on eBay, just put in 'Collinite No.476s Super Double Coat Auto Wax' in the search box.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy the car.

Steve C

That will be the blizzard pearl finish :D

I'm still pawing through navigation manual!

:unsure:

Q: When using an iPhone in the Prius is there any advantage to be gained in downloading all your contacts to the cars phone system?

Q: If you did, would they be readily available to a non authorised car user? (tea leaf)

:help:

Q: When using an iPhone in the Prius is there any advantage to be gained in downloading all your contacts to the cars phone system?

Q: If you did, would they be readily available to a non authorised car user? (tea leaf)

1. Yes. Or at least all the contacts you might want to call from the car. The reason is that you can't access the iPhone directory directly from the car, you can only dial numbers in the car's memory (or the number if you can remember it).

2. Yes. There is no password or PIN number to protect the navigation or phone systems.

I was under the impression that your downloaded contacts are only available when the phone is connected and the contacts that you enter manually are always available, I could be wrong.

I don't have an I-phone, but when I put the contacts from my old phone in and then changed the phone a month later, I had to put the contacts in again. I suspect that the contacts depend on the phone they came from being connected (via bluetooth)

This may be borne out by the fact that if my wife has her phone in the car, and her b/tooth is on and connected and mine isn't, there are no contacts visible....

I don't have an I-phone, but when I put the contacts from my old phone in and then changed the phone a month later, I had to put the contacts in again. I suspect that the contacts depend on the phone they came from being connected (via bluetooth)

This may be borne out by the fact that if my wife has her phone in the car, and her b/tooth is on and connected and mine isn't, there are no contacts visible....

When I checked the phonebook in my Prius, all the previous owners contact numbers were still there. There were quite a few of them so doubt that they were manually imputted. That said I have never managed to get my Sony Ericsson to connect up on its own - I always have to connect it every time I start up the engine. Not sure whether its the phone or the car - I have tried with my partner's phone and same result so suspect that something in the car has gone wrong. Its rarely that I need to use a mobile, but it is something I am going to get a Toyota dealer to have a look at.