Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

That "b" Position On The Hsd

zetor

After trawling endless pages on the Toyota site I cannot find any in-depth info concerning the "B" position on the gear stick, all I know is that it has something to do with engine braking, if anyone has used it and would like to share their experience that would be great.

After trawling endless pages on the Toyota site I cannot find any in-depth info concerning the "B" position on the gear stick, all I know is that it has something to do with engine braking, if anyone has used it and would like to share their experience that would be great.

It's very useful for going down steep hills and retarding the speed of the vehicle, look on it as 'low' as would be on an automatic. I'm not sure if there is a speed above which you shouldn't use it, but I tend to use it below 20mph on a steep hill in towns and on the Isle of Wight...

:thumbsup:

It's very useful for going down steep hills and retarding the speed of the vehicle, look on it as 'low' as would be on an automatic. I'm not sure if there is a speed above which you shouldn't use it, but I tend to use it below 20mph on a steep hill in towns and on the Isle of Wight...

:thumbsup:

Agreed. Driving between my offices, there are very strictly enforced 15 & 20MPH speed limits with a very steep hill in the middle of the site. Using the B setting going down the hill keeps me out of the Security Office, and charges the Battery much more effectively than using D. It's interesting to drive in B because on the flat, it feels like you're driving in ECO mode - probably not recommended, but you have to try it just the once, don't you???

:wacko:

Thanks for the replies, I think using the B mode should come in handy for me as in the mornings there is always a slow steep drive down into the valley.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links