Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whoops

Raistlin

Top Man, gracious in defeat :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balli hi

• Raistlin

• bothwell_buyer

• Parts-King

HaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol2: Man U 1-2 Crystal Palace :yahoo:

Yes AVB has managed to turn me Chels into a laughing stock but my saving grace is that Utd aren't that much better :laughing::yahoo:

United out! Sir Alex says sorry to Old Trafford fans as brave Palace stun champions

By John Edwards

Carling Cup semi-final draw

Manchester City v Liverpool

Crystal Palace v Cardiff

*Two-legged ties to be played on weeks beginning January 9 and 23

Sir Alex Ferguson apologised to Manchester United fans after his side were knocked out of the Carling Cup at home by Crystal Palace.

Glenn Murray’s extra-time header won it for the visitors and Ferguson said: ‘That was not a Manchester United performance, and I have to apologise to our supporters. I don’t want to take anything away from Palace, because it was a fantastic, mammoth effort from their players.

Party time: Crystal Palace celebrate their second goal against Manchester United

‘Every one of them worked their socks off for a place in the semis, and I hope they reach the final now. But I’m very disappointed with the way we played. When it went to extra-time, I thought we must win, but it was not to be.

‘The second goal was offside, and it seems we are not having much luck with linesmen at the moment. But that’s not to detract from the way Palace fought so hard to get the result they deserved. They played their part in what was a hard, hard game, physically.

‘We had a lot of possession but just didn’t do anything with it. Their keeper didn’t have a save to make in the first half. There was too much short passing, but I don’t want to go into the ins and outs. We were beaten, and it was a very disappointing night for Manchester United.

‘It was hard for the youngsters, with the team not playing well around them, but it won’t do them any harm.’

Dejected: United's Paul Pogba (left) and Jonny Evans at full time

The goal by journeyman striker Murray, who has played for the likes of Workington, Carlisle, Rochdale and Brighton, secured a semi-final tie against fellow Championship side Cardiff.

Palace manager Dougie Freedman (left), whose side avoided Barclays Premier League giants Liverpool and Manchester City, said: ‘Cardiff are an exceptional side, full of quality players, and it will be a very difficult task.

Solemn: Sir Alex Ferguson was far from pleased with his side's performance

‘But this has been a wonderful night for the club, especially after all the difficulties we have been through. It was a real privilege coming here, and it’s great that we not only won but deserved to.

‘The players have a real belief in each other, and they showed a lot of desire to see the game out. That takes you a long way.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2068398/Manchester-United-1-Crystal-Palace-2-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-rages.html#ixzz1fHFUEFQr

A bit like buses, you wait for ever and then two come along at once :yahoo: FC Basle 2 - 1 Man Utd, oh dear oh dear :lol: Looks like its the U-Ropey league for your lot Raist, :lol: :lol2: who'd have thought it, Utd dumped on their backsides by a bunch of no-marks from Switzerland :laughing: don't ya just love it :lol2: , hows that song go again, oh yeah.... :band: Champions league we're having a laugh, champions league we'er having a laugh, champions league we'er having a laugh :laughing: , .......... sing up Raist...... champions league we'er having a laugh, champions league we'er having a laugh :band:

A bit like buses, you wait for ever and then two come along at once :yahoo: FC Basle 2 - 1 Man Utd, oh dear oh dear :lol: Looks like its the U-Ropey league for your lot Raist, :lol: :lol2: who'd have thought it, Utd dumped on their backsides by a bunch of no-marks from Switzerland :laughing: don't ya just love it :lol2: , hows that song go again, oh yeah.... :band: Champions league we're having a laugh, champions league we'er having a laugh, champions league we'er having a laugh :laughing: , .......... sing up Raist...... champions league we'er having a laugh, champions league we'er having a laugh :band:

:death::giljotiini::gun_bandana::hang::blowup:

Well I'm disappointed...

The first rule of Europa League club is, don't talk about Champions League.

The first rule of Europa League club is, don't talk about Champions League.

:dontgetit: Don't you mean U-Ropey league :spiteful::laughing: ... Don't worry mate you'll have your revenge quite soon i fear :Jumpy: we play City at home on monday evening :fear: i'm sure AVB will revert to his tactics of so called attractive football, its attractive alright, attractive to the opposition :ffs: :crybaby: , as for the Champs League if we make it through the next round it'll be a bonus, can't see any further past that :mellow: .

• 5 weeks later...

Whoops indeed :ffs: well done Chris Foy for ruining yet another game, i was driving to the Chelsea V Portsmouth game today and listening to the Manchester derby FA Cup match on my car radio, City had started really well and seemed the most likely, then Utd scored against the run of play, excellent me thinks, this should really make for an entertaining game, then Kompany goes in for a challenge with Nany and wins the ball cleanly without touching Nany, only for Foy to show Kompany a straight red, the commentators on 606 were outraged stating that Kompany had done nothing wrong, they watched a replay of the incident to confirm what they had first thought, and came to the conclusion that the Ref, the infamous Chris Foy had got it wrong, they said that Sky were replaying the incident over and over and then panning in on Foy, suggesting that they also thought he had got it wrong, i as yet have not seen a replay of the incident but can't wait to see it on TV a little later, but if the guys on the radio are correct in that Foy had got it wrong, then surely its time for the FA to act and rid top flight football of what truly is an appalling referee, the incident brought the memory of the QPR Chelsea game in the Prem earlier this season flooding back when Foy couldn't wait to get his cards out to wave 2 reds and 7 yellows at the Chelsea team which ultimately ended up costing Chelsea the game, how many more games is this appalling excuse for a Ref going to ruin before something is done, fans pay a fortune to watch games these days and should be allowed to watch an evenly fought contest without it being tilted in favour of one team or another by the decisions of the man in black.

If the City player deserved to go then fair do's , but according to the pundits on the radio, he got it wrong, yet AGAIN !!

Whoops indeed :ffs: well done Chris Foy for ruining yet another game, i was driving to the Chelsea V Portsmouth game today and listening to the Manchester derby FA Cup match on my car radio, City had started really well and seemed the most likely, then Utd scored against the run of play, excellent me thinks, this should really make for an entertaining game, then Kompany goes in for a challenge with Nany and wins the ball cleanly without touching Nany, only for Foy to show Kompany a straight red, the commentators on 606 were outraged stating that Kompany had done nothing wrong, they watched a replay of the incident to confirm what they had first thought, and came to the conclusion that the Ref, the infamous Chris Foy had got it wrong, they said that Sky were replaying the incident over and over and then panning in on Foy, suggesting that they also thought he had got it wrong, i as yet have not seen a replay of the incident but can't wait to see it on TV a little later, but if the guys on the radio are correct in that Foy had got it wrong, then surely its time for the FA to act and rid top flight football of what truly is an appalling referee, the incident brought the memory of the QPR Chelsea game in the Prem earlier this season flooding back when Foy couldn't wait to get his cards out to wave 2 reds and 7 yellows at the Chelsea team which ultimately ended up costing Chelsea the game, how many more games is this appalling excuse for a Ref going to ruin before something is done, fans pay a fortune to watch games these days and should be allowed to watch an evenly fought contest without it being tilted in favour of one team or another by the decisions of the man in black.

If the City player deserved to go then fair do's , but according to the pundits on the radio, he got it wrong, yet AGAIN !!

Our 12th man... :thumbsup:

Just seen the incident on the TV, and yes, Foy has got it wrong again :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Whats happened to my beloved Gers in Scotland :crybaby: , at one point they were top of the SPL and 15 points clear of Celtic, now they are trailing Celtic by 4 points and about to go into administration which means they'll be docked 10 points if they do, how has it come to this, a club of Rangers stature should never be in a predicament like that :no: i'm totally gobsmacked :mellow:

Just not your day mate...

Still with the £10.00 you could put in a bid :thumbsup:

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox.

Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas says the club's hierarchy should make it clear they back his vision for the Blues' long-term future.

Speaking on the day before the club meets Napoli in the Champions League, Villas-Boas insists he is restructuring the club to "sustain" their success.

Villas-Boas maintains that he has the full backing of owner Roman Abramovich.

Yeah, and Balli is a jet pilot and Jedi can spell... :)

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas says the club's hierarchy should make it clear they back his vision for the Blues' long-term future.

Speaking on the day before the club meets Napoli in the Champions League, Villas-Boas insists he is restructuring the club to "sustain" their success.

Villas-Boas maintains that he has the full backing of owner Roman Abramovich.

Yeah, and Balli is a jet pilot and Jedi can spell... :)

Love it :thumbsup:

Napoli 3-1 Chelsea :jawdrop:

I'd like to think its another nail in the Village idiots coffin, at the bridge last Saturday i could hear quite a few Chelsea fans willing Birmingham to score every time they attacked, and i bet they will be doing the same against Bolton this weekend, the idea being that every defeat brings Villas-Boas closer to the exit door :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Andre Villas-Boas Sacked

Be careful what you wish for....

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester United's Europa clash versus Athletic Bilboa reminds me of a night out I had when I got diarrhoea.

Shit over both legs.

• 5 weeks later...

Whilst Simulation is in the headlines in the world of football, notably surrounding Man Utd and Ashley young in particular of late, its worth mentioning a little game that will be taking place tonight, the small matter of the Champions League semi final 1st leg match between Chelsea and Barcelona, arguably Barcelona are the best footballing team in the world , they have skill and flare in abundance, there's not a team on the planet that can live with them when they are at their best, BUT, there's also another side to their game which is not so good, yep, its simulation, put another way, Diving, having had to play Barcelona more often than not in the past 6 years or so, i feel well placed to point a finger and accuse them of such, they hit the floor at every opportunity and 9 times out of 10 the Ref will blow up and give them a free kick, i'm sure they get the benefit of the doubt from Refs because of their undoubted ability on the ball, but what we need here is a strong referee, one that is not influenced so easily, but iv'e rarely seen a foreign Referee that has not fallen for their antics, tonight's game will be reffed by a German Referee, a disciplinarian i'm told, i truly hope so, more importantly i'm hoping he can spot a fair tackle from a foul, god knows Chelsea will be up against it tonight as it is, without having an inept referee who doesn't know a dive from his elbow, i hope the ref clamps down on any player committing simulation, not just from Barcelona but also from Chelsea, the trouble is and as i have seen already during Chelsea's Champions league campaign, Refs have been giving soft free kicks after they have been duped by a dive, some of Chelsea's players have been doing the same after seeing the opposition get away with it, whats good for the goose is good for the gander sort of thing, and to name names i mean Didier Drogba, David Luiz, Frank Lampard and Ivanovic, what i would love to see tonight is a good clean game not spoiled by simulation, but with the likes of Danny Alves, Mascherano, Puyol, etc in the Barcelona ranks i won't hold my breath, Alves is a player i detest as he is one of the worst cheats that there is in the game, closely followed by Carlos Teves's mate Mascherano.

So here's hoping for a good clean game tonight, and if the big man upstairs is reading this, Please can you limit Barcelona to just one goal at the most tonight, pleeeeeeeeeease and me Chels to somehow upset the odds and register a famous victory . prayer1141.jpg

It would appear i got one of my wishes last night :yahoo: however not the other, Didier what were you doing mate ? dear oh dear, here's me thinking that Alves in particular would have been the main culprit rolling around as if he's been shot and.......... well i can't defend it, it was there for everyone to see, it took a huge chunk of gloss off of what was otherwise a solid committed and honest performance from the rest of the Chelsea team, Chelsea got the victory by working their arzes off against what is arguably the best club team in the world, they rode their luck at times aided and abetted by the woodwork and some poor finishing from Barcelona.

So we go into the return leg with a narrow 1-0 lead, i'd love to think we can keep them out over there and maybe score an away goal, but sadly i think Barcelona will put us to the sword, we'll need a miracle if we are to progress to the final..... here's hoping :thumbsup:

Chelsea have asked Barcelona not to play decent music over the tannoy before tonight's game in case it encourages Drogba to hit the floor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links