Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Door Mirrors

hawkerpaul

I bought this 2nd hand from my local Toyota dealer back in August.

This morning was the first frost we've had since, and I noticed that the heated door mirrors do not work. Heated rear windscreen works fine.

I assume my model has this feature?

If so, any ideas what could be the problem? Are these on a separate fuse to the rear windscreen? If so, what fuse is it?

If its not fuse related, any other ideas?

Thanks Folks!

I don't believe any UK Yaris model had heated door mirrors.....

I don't believe any UK Yaris model had heated door mirrors.....

I'm near certain that my T Spirit has heated mirrors that come on either with the rear screen heater or the windscreen 'blaster' button. I've seen steam coming from them on frosty mornings when I've put on the heaters and they clear very quickly.

Gordon

That's interesting.

I assume your T-Spirit has the "auto climate control" so there's a chance its different to other models...

I've never seen heated mirrors mentioned in any of the specifications.

There's an old 2007 spec list here...

http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/07/YA3_equip.pdf

You'd think they'd get a mention if they were fitted...

EDIT: Have just scoured our manual and sure enough, under the "heated rear window" section, it says: "On some models, the heater panels in the outside rear view mirrors also operate when this button is pressed".

You learn something new every day.....

What it doesn't say is which models have them and which don't....

That's interesting.

I assume your T-Spirit has the "auto climate control" so there's a chance its different to other models...

I've never seen heated mirrors mentioned in any of the specifications.

There's an old 2007 spec list here...

http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/07/YA3_equip.pdf

You'd think they'd get a mention if they were fitted...

EDIT: Have just scoured our manual and sure enough, under the "heated rear window" section, it says: "On some models, the heater panels in the outside rear view mirrors also operate when this button is pressed".

You learn something new every day.....

What it doesn't say is which models have them and which don't....

Yes, I have the Automatic Climate Control. It's great, I've had the car three and a half years and haven't changed it from 'Auto', I set the temp to 23 degrees the day I got it and haven't needed to change it. I'm such a boring old bu**er. :D

No good for my wife - good job our Yaris didn't have auto climate control. She can't cope with the concept. I have it in my Audi and she still wacks up the temperature to full when she gets in if she's cold and nthen turns it down again when she gets too hot.....

I just rang the Toyota dealer I bought it off, and he cant find out anywhere or off anyone there for sure whether or not a 2006 T-Spirit has heated door mirrors or not!

The manual states "on some models" so I would assume the T-Spirit has, as its "top of the range" so to speak.

They said the only way of them knowing for sure is if I take the car in for them to have a quick look at.

Is there anyone on here with a T-Spirit around 2006 who can check please?

thanks

My 56 plate T spirit has heated mirrors they come on with the heated rear window.

Same here, I checked this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

The misus just popped her Yaris in to our local Toyota garage for them to have a look and they told her that it definitely does not have heated door mirrors!

They said that there are 2 wires going into the mirror for heated versions, and hers only has the one.

Strange how others on here with exactly the same model (T-Spirit on a 56 plate) have heated mirrors.

I'm confused! :blink:

This type of spec change happens ocassionaly when for whatever reason (parts supply???) the factory have to drop a certain item and replace it with something else. Even the parts catalogue would not tell me if they were fitted, it would just give both options, with or without heated mirror. It's one of the reasons why the phrase E & OE is used in brochures, sometimes the spec just has to be ever so slightly different

Kingo :thumbsup: