Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Alignment

madmoody1

I have a 1999 rav4 and hav a problem with the wheel alignment.

i think it has been in an accident and repaired but not lined up.

Tne passenger side rear wheel is running ot of line and i think it can be adjusted but need some advice.

I do a lot of work myself so i,m sure i would be capable of doing it.

Its hard to explain but its not the vertical alignment.

If you look from the rear the wheel doesnt run paralell with the body.

I hope that makes sense and any advice would be apreciated

The rear wheels are adjustable for camber and toe in. However I would use a garage with laser alignment and get the whole car done...I have had it done for both RAVs and it made a difference.

The rear wheels are adjustable for camber and toe in. However I would use a garage with laser alignment and get the whole car done...I have had it done for both RAVs and it made a difference.

Thanks for the advice.

I think it toe in adjustment from the knowledge i have

I did have it done when i put 2 new front tyres on it but it doesnt look right so i will take it back.

Also if you looking straight at the rear wheel its as if the wheel is been pushed towards the back.

Its like it crabbing.

If you look at the drivers side the space between the body and the tyre to the left and right are about the same.

Whereas the passenger wheel seems to have a lot more gap to the left than the right.

Sorry to be confusing but i hope it makes sense

Have a look on page 8 here;

REAR SUSPENSION.pdf

You can see a simple cam arrangement. The trouble is I can't find the specs at the moment although I may have them.

Honestly - a laser alignment will soon find out if theres more amiss. the rear trailing arm bush may be knackered but it doesn't necessarily produce clunks....its the way the rear suspension is designed.

Also make sure the wheel alignment center actually know what there doing, you will be supprised at just how many just hav`nt got a clue, main dealerships included, I know from experience.

If you have time this site and this guy know everything you would want to know about wheel alignment. If you live anywhere near him I would recommend him 110%

www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

• 3 years later...

1996 rav4 4x4

Front toe 0 + or - 0.17 deg Camber -0.25+ or - 0.75 deg

Rear toe 0.25 + or - 0.17 deg Camber -1.08 + or - 0.75

Hope this helps