Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall Info Advice

keninski

Morning All

I'm in the process of buying a 58 plate auris sr and was wondering if there is anyway i can check if it has been for any recalls?

Also as i have 1 year of warranty still to run, is there anything else i should be looking out for that may need to be done under warranty?

Thanks

Alan

I enquired about this recently and have been informed that you can call the dealer with the car's details and they will inform you of warranty work or recalls completed.

I haven't got around to this yet, but you have just reminded me, so i will get the VIN of my car tonight and call them tomorrow.

Morning All

I'm in the process of buying a 58 plate auris sr and was wondering if there is anyway i can check if it has been for any recalls?

Also as i have 1 year of warranty still to run, is there anything else i should be looking out for that may need to be done under warranty?

Thanks

Alan

hi

try www.dft.gov.vospa/apps/recalls. this will tell you of any recalls that apply to the car,you can then check at any dealer or ring toyota customer sevice to check if they have been carried out.

The recalls will be for a steering bolt replacement that can cause the high low adjustment of the steering wheel to move (approx Aug 08) and for the famous accelerator recall. My advice just check your car over and anything you think is worn more than it should be contact your local dealer who will most likely replace the parts under warranty and MOT the car a month before the warranty runs out at Toyota as any faults found if any will most likely be under warranty.

check for a slight clicking noise when turning the steering wheel with engine on when stationary and when turning it at very slow speed. ie when parking. i had my steering column replaced because of this noise.first they tried fitting a new part to the column which didnt work.

also had squeaky brakes squeaky clutch and squeaky gear change , all fixed under waranty

good luck with yours !

my auris d4d mmt yesterday started to vibrate under the drivers floor anyone help seems like the exhaust hitting the floorpan or vibrating of it secondly turning hearing a click click sound im not a mechanic please help advice needed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links