Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Condensation In My Aygo With Heater On Circulate

jimaxallright

My car has just been collected my Toyota. The water problem and condensation has not been sloved

The seals on the doors including boot seals have been replaced. In June the vent seals were replaced. In early October I returned my car to Tyotoa and they were due to sort the problem. Passengerer footwell behind the drivers seat was soaking. I returned to collect the car and when I checked the passenger foot well was almost dry and I thought I had better look at the drivers footwell and I am glad I did as it was soaking! So I went back into the garage and told them. I was angry and told them I would not leave until they sorted my car. I gave the workshop mananger my key and went off to the showroom for a coffee. I am sure all they did was dry the car with a vax. Anyway guess what car soaking at the drivers foot well. So yet another Aygo mat is rotten.

My car is now back in the garage for the 5th time.

As this topic is over two years old and the latest post before yours was

about a year old, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer...

Miss use / understanding of air conditioning is a pet hate of mine! Only today was I trying to tell a work colleague that if he leaves aircon on then the car will not mist up as much ( focus)

Aircon is not just for cool air and will not be cold if the temp is set to hot!

The Aygo does mist up more than most, If I turn my aircon off then the rear windows will mist up within minutes.

• 3 years later...

My Aygo Blue is full of condensation as I have also used re-circ air, heater on 3 and had to stop to clean side windows as couldn't see. Will try and use the A/C instead but think it doesn't work as in summer didn't notice any difference. What should I do about this problem if the A/C isn't working? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

As regards the condensation, check inside the car to see whether there is evidence of water leaks - especially the boot and front/rear foot wells - which may be exacerbating interior condensation.

The air conditioning may need checking for leaks, and if none are found, a re-gas. Just be aware that not all places offering air conditioning re-gassing, check for leaks first.

If the air con is leak free and re-gassed, make sure you use it at least once a week to keep the seals lubricated, etc.

Air con used in conjunction with the car's heater is more effective at demisting than just using the fan and heater

Took delivery of my new x-pression around 4 weeks ago & i've also noticed that over the last few days as the weather has changed that the front screen is soaked in heavy condensation first thing in the morning, even to the point of drips noticable on the dashboard.

With the air-con switched on & the fan set on full it still struggles to shift it even after around 10 minutes of driving & their seems to be a persitant patch up the drivers side edge of the screen that the blowers seem to avoid.

Anybody else noticed similar on the later version?

You could try the leave-a-big-bowl-of-raw-rice-or-coffee-on-the-back-seat-overnight trick and see if that helps.

When you park, close the air vents.

i have found one of the best ways to reduce the fogging up of a windscreen and it may

sound stupid is NOT to have a HOT drink just before you drive your car on a winters

morning ,as you will breathe out really hot air that will condense on the windscreen

quickly, i realised this years ago so now i dont drink tea and drive i wait till i reach work.

Took delivery of my new x-pression around 4 weeks ago & i've also noticed that over the last few days as the weather has changed that the front screen is soaked in heavy condensation first thing in the morning, even to the point of drips noticable on the dashboard.

With the air-con switched on & the fan set on full it still struggles to shift it even after around 10 minutes of driving & their seems to be a persitant patch up the drivers side edge of the screen that the blowers seem to avoid.

Anybody else noticed similar on the later version?

I don't seem to suffer from this at all. in my x-pression. Do you have air con or the optional automatic climate control ?

I have the latter and leave it on all the time come rain shine ice and heat and I find the inside of the car stays at a constant temperature. So I guess the air is being continually filtered and dried.

Another thought is that my car probably hasn't stood outside overnight many times yet in the right conditions for condensation. Maybe I'l give it as go and see what happens.

i think a lot of modern cars have poor through ventilation because of where the vents are buried way down in the boot area. I suppose they'll be designed to evacuate the air inside the cabin by taking advantage of the negative pressure (suction) generated by the car moving forward once it reaches a certain speed. Trouble is if you're doing stop - start driving there's no throughflow. Always helps if you open the rear windows.

Unfortunately I only have the standard air con rather than climate control so I tend to just switch it on as & when required.

Whats strange is that I have only had this problem on returning to my car after a night shift when the car has been left on a large car park throughout the night.

When working days the windscreen has been clear on leaving for work around the same time, the only difference would be that its been parked on the drive overnight.

Maybe its the case that the seals are now too good on the latest Aygo & the moisture collected in the vehicle on the drive in to work is trapped & condenses as the outside temperature drops, I wonder why it only chooses the windscreen though!!

I take it when you're using the air con to demist that you're using it in conjunction with heat from the heater.

I do use it with the heater but as it only takes me around 10 minutes to get home I only start to feel any warmth from the heater towards the end of my journey.

Its a case of blowers & air con on to full & as soon I can see something through the windscreen then off I go :-)

• 2 weeks later...

"With the air-con switched on & the fan set on full it still struggles to shift it even after around 10 minutes of driving & their seems to be a persitant patch up the drivers side edge of the screen that the blowers seem to avoid.?"

This was the first really cold morning and I've noticed this on a admittedly short journey of 15 minutes. The rest of the screen cleared really quickly but leaving the aforementioned stubborn patch . With no similar patch on the passenger side it is probably the driver's breath causing it. I couldn't seem to angle the vents to clear it .

On the positive side despite possible issues with the ventilation system the temperature icon does change colour and take on a frosty hue complete with icicles and snow flakes at 0C and below.

Money well spent ... I think I would rather have that than a clear windscreen. :naughty:

Not noticed the temperature icon change colour yet.

It will be interesting to see if the condensation freezes on the inside of the screen, it will be a little embarrasing having to scrape the inside of a new car :-)

just a thought have you changed the pollen filter in your car as it may be blocked and

reducing the the air flow,maybe remove it and see if the air flow is any better at the vents

but do replace it asap

• 3 weeks later...

If I have my aygo on circulate the air, my aygo gets that steamed up I cannot see out of the windows. I have to put the car onto vent all the time I put the car in curry motors and they said this was normal on this model I cant believe this does anyone else have this problem. On the other hand, can anyone tell me they have no problems with condensation with the heater set circulating? It is an AYGO blue with the air con, but i never use the air con its terrible water running down all the windows and you cannot see out the screen unless i open the windows and put the car onto vent. After several minutes I can close, the windows leave it on vent and it seems to be better but will immediately returns if i put it on circulate.

HELP

I have had three Aygos now. You have to use the air con to prevent misting up. That's just the way they are.

Re circ air will increase your condensation. If I were you I'd be looking for water ingress. Any dampness in the back? I had a Peugeot 309 that leaked like a sieve around the rear lights. Took them off mastic bead and refit cured it. The rear seat was sitting in an inch of water which needed drying out. Now THAT was some condensation!

• 5 years later...

Most cars can suffer from this problem. UNKLIAN has explain the main problem.  It’s simple physics. Any fluid that evaporates within the vehicle, will stay within the vehicle. ( nothing disappears ) if you have spent two minutes, in average rainfall before entering your vehicle, you now drive with your heater on for several miles ( drying out ) you have now deposited one litre of water within the vehicle ( it doesn’t disappear) 

First solution. Try to completely ‘ dry out ‘ the interior of your vehicle’.

Every Summer or Dry, Hot day I will open every window and leave all day. Your carpets seats soundproofing etc. may not feel damp but will hold an unbelievable amount of water ( for months in the average vehicle) the more problem condensation you have in your car means the greater the amount of fluid that exists.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hood330 said:

you have now deposited one litre of water within the vehicle ( it doesn’t disappear) 

That's only true if the exit vents at the rear of the car are blocked or not operating properly - there should always be an exit path for the air in the vehicle, otherwise the air being blown into the vehicle will pressurise the interior and you'll stop feeling air being blown out of the dash vents once the fan can no longer deal with the back pressure.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, PetrolDave said:

That's only true if the exit vents at the rear of the car are blocked or not operating properly - there should always be an exit path for the air in the vehicle, otherwise the air being blown into the vehicle will pressurise the interior and you'll stop feeling air being blown out of the dash vents once the fan can no longer deal with the back pressure.

the boot vent is only a flap style vent to allow air pressure to escape when slamming doors etc ...i dont see them being much use to introduce air flow and dry out front carpets 

taking the opportunity to open all windows etc on a dry breezy day does help , i also try and cool the car off before parking so its closer to outside temps

1 minute ago, steveo3002 said:

the boot vent is only a flap style vent to allow air pressure to escape when slamming doors etc ...i dont see them being much use to introduce air flow and dry out front carpets 

Since they are so simple they will open at any excess interior pressure; yes they allow excess pressure to escape when closing doors but that's only one of their functions with the other being to allow a through flow of air at all times - remember the rear of the car when moving is a low pressure area so there will be a small (but important) suction effect drawing air from the interior.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links