Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Sidelights

wangtastic

Any of you guys fitted these?

If so, any problems? Like dashboard errors?

I'm planning on doing mine tomorrow :)

Fitted what?

Some pictures of what you are thinking about might be usefull, as there are so many different makes etc.

as long as its the usual LED 501 replacment theres no hassle at all, 2 minute job, do the number plate lights while your at it :thumbsup:

as long as its the usual LED 501 replacment theres no hassle at all, 2 minute job, do the number plate lights while your at it :thumbsup:

2 minute job I don't think so.

speaking of which and sorry for the hijack but how much do yous pay for yours?

the ones i got in rolla were a last minute decision and cost €10 a pair.

got a set fot the vitz €5, after buying a bucket load off eBay now though :rolleyes: :D B)

yea it is, for the front anyway, i did it last night for my mate,

number plate will take maybe 10 minutes, tops

10 minutes is not the stated 2 minutes though is it :lol:

You must have small hands then mate, as with my monkey mits it's a bit tricky to get in there for the front.

But saying that yours is not a TS if i'm right in thinking so, so is yours easier because there is more room under the bonnet?

yea it is, for the front anyway, i did it last night for my mate,

number plate will take maybe 10 minutes, tops

10 minutes is not the stated 2 minutes though is it :lol:

You must have small hands then mate, as with my monkey mits it's a bit tricky to get in there for the front.

But saying that yours is not a TS if i'm right in thinking so, so is yours easier because there is more room under the bonnet?

i said 2 minutes to replace the sidelights.....then i told him to replace the numberplate lights while he was at it...

2 minutes to do side lights , and 10 minutes to do number plate lights ;)

yea mine has alot more room then the tsport, toyota redesigned the waterbottle and Battery for the diesel models B)

haha! thanks guys just checking that LED's don't cause canbus errors :)

I'm going to be fitting the HID's and sidelights tomorrow, then maybe the no. plate lights friday. :)

thanks for the help guys, I've gotta start a build thread soon as I've done so much to the car in the last few weeks haha!

can anyone with leds confirm if i'll have any issues sliding the led back into place? i know the majority of leds will push fit into the terminal but what about the hole they need to slide through to go back into place in the headlight unit?

G'ah!

Had to abandon doing mine today cos of heavy rain, how frustrating, will have to try again on friday :(

can anyone with leds confirm if i'll have any issues sliding the led back into place? i know the majority of leds will push fit into the terminal but what about the hole they need to slide through to go back into place in the headlight unit?

the bulb is the same size as a normal bulb lad.

plus iam 99% sure that the holder will pop back into place regardless, even empty like.

but basically no hassle at all, theres no issues doing this.

i dont want to sound smart here i just want to rest your mind at ease.....its a simple swap, 2 minute job, no bother, no after issues :thumbsup:

the bulb is the same size as a normal bulb lad.

plus iam 99% sure that the holder will pop back into place regardless, even empty like.

but basically no hassle at all, theres no issues doing this.

i dont want to sound smart here i just want to rest your mind at ease.....its a simple swap, 2 minute job, no bother, no after issues :thumbsup:

you have put my mind at rest, thanks !

• 2 months later...

yeah they will fit.

DONT GET BLUE!

i made that mistake thinking t would look good but it looks terrible. very very blue and very chavvy. get white.

they wont be very bright but will be brighter than the stock.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250752128534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

this is what i have and they look great. but they do look like a bit of an eyesore in daytime in the light cluster. when they are off.

if youve never changed the bulbs before they will be stiff and hard to get out, takes about half an hour. but if you have they come out easy, like a minute for both.

let us know how you get on and post up some pics if you get different ones.