Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Question

andycam06

can a normal HID bought for a car be used in a lorry?

i know a car is 12v and lorry is 24v but this is why i ask....

Tech Data

* 300% brighter than the average equivalent 60 watt halogen lighting

* Input: DC 12V-24V

* Normal Working Voltage: 12V

* Ballast Output Power: 35W

* Normal Current 3.5A

* Ballast Output voltage 23,000V

* Life-Expectancy: >3000 hours

* Working Temperature: -40'C-105'C

* Waterproof connections for external uses

long as the bulb is correct type h7 or whatever the lorry takes then i dont see any problems. ive seen some courier type large vans, the renault ones with hids in my area...

the bulbs might pop, they cost a tenner to replace if someone can't definitely give you a 100% answer i think its worth the risk. hids cost around 40quid these days anyway...

same as all the other chineese stuff ,just in a pretty box and potentially some sort of warranty,dont be fooled by Hid4u though at circa 250quid for the ultimate set up .

funnily enough i have those on ma eBay xmas list (that is the ones in your link)

if you buy hid kits from many sources and look at them you will quickly realise they all come from the same 2 or 3 factories. they just have different boxes/packaging so why pay £100 when the same stuff costs £50 elsewhere.

aye, what i was thinking. my friend has got the above kit in his new fiesta mountune, and they seem decent for the price was jsut wondering if someone could work out from the spec if they where decent or not i.e not as bright as the £100+ versions ?

if you buy hid kits from many sources and look at them you will quickly realise they all come from the same 2 or 3 factories. they just have different boxes/packaging so why pay £100 when the same stuff costs £50 elsewhere.

+1 :thumbsup:

there all the same ,35watt is 35watt no matter how much you pay ,its all marketing bs at the end of the day

i don't know what canbus is but if you referring to whether you need warning cancellers then you don't since the corolla doesn't have bulb out warning in the first place.

in my friends a3 and mk5 golf the warning thing is a real pain in the rear!

i got a set for my dads avensis (H7) for xmas, ordered than 6 weeks ago and arrived 2 weeks ago, work perfect.......€26 :thumbsup:

i can get them for £30 each if i travel a bit so including cost of my fuel and the hassle factory call it around £40 to my door. £50 seems the most common price on eBay where people are buying them from places like i do and then putting their £10 drink on top and putting them on eBay.

and £150?!?!

Good news, the company I bought my HID's from are letting me return them for a full refund excluding postage haha!

Just saved myself £100