Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Yaris 3Dr Problems

Gairo

A few problems have started to get worse lately and I'm wanting them replaced just after Christmas, the clutch is going quite badly due to previous owner and some guy at the garage rising it slightly which wore it down dramatically in a short space of time. Also the wheel bearing has gone from whining a little to now a full on drone noise whenever the car is moving, obviously noisier at higher speeds And also the front passenger side shock absorber feels like its on the way out (there is a lot of potholes and construction work going on near me, horrible.).

I also have a few questions being a newish Yaris Owner, Iv been looking all over the internet for wheel bearings but only came across front wheel bearings, but the noise sounds like its coming from the passenger side rear wheel and an experienced car modifier said it was the wheel bearing, but I haven't found any rear wheel bearings and was wondering if a FWD car would have rear wheel bearings? And if not what else could be making a droning noise when the passenger rear wheel rotates. With the shock absorbers, I'l need two new ones to balance the setup right? I'm guessing just one new shock absorber will slightly be higher/lower and out of balance then the other side?

Thanks.

Cheers bud. Thats proerly the reason I wasn't able to find one, if it comes with the HUB. Im pretty sure I dont have ABS (2000 GS).

You need to identify which wheel it is. jack the car up and spin the wheel you'll be able to tell which one is gone. Do this test before you replace the bearing as you want to make sure which one is shot before replacing.

If you go to a local motor factors to get the part they'll identify the part that you need from the reg of your car. If you do give it a go then you'll need a big hammer and be sure to make sure the car is secure on axle stands when you try to pop the the hub out. To be honest it's much easier to pay a garage to do it as it's not a fun job.

As said you'll need a pair of rear shocks.

BTW

Son's GS (2001) has ABS> I suspect yours has as well. Switch on ignition and see if there is a warning light..

ABS gubbins under bonnet is on right hand side as you look in - mounted to wheel arch.. lots of pipes... (You may have ABS not working and warning light bulb failed or removed)

The 2000 GS didn't come with ABS fitted as standard, it wasn't until 2001 onwards ABS became standard across all the range.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links