Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2,2 D4D 150 Vs 2,2 D-Cat 180

Freshman

Hi all, i did some research in this forum but could not find the information needed. I'm looking for a confortable family-travel car. I'm considering between Corolla Verso 2,2 D4D 150 and 2,2 D-CAT 180 (from 2006). Please help me to decide and tell about your experience. What is the fuel economy for these cars? Maintenance costs? Pros and cons?

Thanks for help in advance.

I have an 08 plate 2.2 D4D and have to say it just does what it says on the tin, a versatile family car. Even the non T180 version has an on paper 0-60 of under 10s which is good enough for me. From what I have read of T180 owners experiences on the forum you are not likely to get anything close to the quoted mpg figures but with my standard D4D I have pretty much what the book quotes for fuel consumption (around 47mpg).

I have the SR spec which includes climate and cruise control as well as the rear parking sensors and have to say I find these all useful additions.

• Like 1

I'd go along with hertsnminds. Mine is a 57 reg, with the non-souped up engine,and I have no significant probs.

But re fuel, I know I'm not achieving what the good book says. I've kept a MS Excel check on every fillup since buying the car new (how sad is that?) and the average over the full period is just 39.89mpg. Massively better when I do a decent run, of course, but most of my mileage (<24,000) is pootling around locally.

Of course when I purchased, diesel wasn't the silly price it is now, and I don't know how the equation now stacks up versus a petrol version.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links