Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Diesel Oil Filter

steveharvey2001

Could anyone with a Diesel Aygo please let me know where the oil filter is located. I am new to owning a car without a Haynes book !!

Could anyone with a Diesel Aygo please let me know where the oil filter is located. I am new to owning a car without a Haynes book !!

Obviously not.

Oh well, I will have to try Honest John!

I don't want to be rude, but if you've done service on a car before I'd

think you'd recognise the oil filter when you're underneath the car...

I don't want to be rude, but if you've done service on a car before I'd

think you'd recognise the oil filter when you're underneath the car...

Okay so it's underneath - that's all I wanted to know.

I have not needed to get under it yet, so I would not have spotted it.

I know it is a paper element type on the diesel rather than a can type.

Does it need a special tool to remove the housing cover?

Ta

I really don't know. The Aygo hasn't been marketed as a Diesel in The Netherlands.

You're right about the filter being a drop-in type paper filter, I found that on a parts-site.

And I looked in my German "tinker-manual", but it doesn't

say anything specific about the Diesel on this subject.

Have a look at this link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61232166

It's at the front, below & to the right of the turbo (if you don't know what a turbo looks like please just take it to a garage)

It's the same engine as the 1.4 HDI peugeot 206 & the 1.4 tdci ford fiesta. The 1.6 HDI is also very similar. You should be able to find haynes manuals for these older cars.

However, if you need to ask where the oil filter is....maybe you should look over the shoulder of a mechanic for this service.

All the best

To be fair to the OP I couldn't find the oil filter on my daughter's 1.0 litre Corsa. Having never encountered the paper element type recently I wasn't aware it was under a black plastic domed cover with a hex on top to accomodate a 32mm socket, no doubt similar on the Aygo. Years ago the element was enclosed in a steel bowl held in place by a central bolt.

I've yet to locate the filter on my 1.4D Yaris which is a screw on canister type. It's certainly not visible from above! However, I understand it's accessible from below through a "trap door" in the engine under tray. :crybaby: It's not the weather for crawling around under a car just to find a filter. :)

Steve - I don't think your 2nd post helped.

Thanks for all the help folks. I have actually been servicing my own cars for nearly 30 years but have always had the benefit of Haynes (and I do know what a turbo looks like!) If I had realised that Haynes were not going to publish a workshop manual for this car, I would probably have tried to persuade my wife not to buy this - but it was her friend's late husband's car and she knew it had been looked after (by some one who could afford to pay main dealer labour charges without flinching!).

Anyway, now I know where it is, and what tool is needed, I will tackle this at the weekend (weather permitting).

My second post was unhelpful - sorry :-(

.....and proven by the fact that Honest John forum replies were totally useless.!

Hope to stay around and learn more !

What's the diesel Aygo like?

They're very rare, very short run I gather...

If it has the same engine as my Yaris it must really fly!! :lol:

I have never had the opportunity to compare it with a petrol version but by 17 year old daughter has told me she would prefer to take the driving test next month in our 1.4D rather than the petrol Aygo from the driving school. That may however be something to do with be able to do the low speed maneuvers on tick-over!

To be fair to the OP I couldn't find the oil filter on my daughter's 1.0 litre Corsa. Having never encountered the paper element type recently I wasn't aware it was under a black plastic domed cover with a hex on top to accomodate a 32mm socket, no doubt similar on the Aygo. Years ago the element was enclosed in a steel bowl held in place by a central bolt.

I've yet to locate the filter on my 1.4D Yaris which is a screw on canister type. It's certainly not visible from above! However, I understand it's accessible from below through a "trap door" in the engine under tray. :crybaby: It's not the weather for crawling around under a car just to find a filter. :)

Steve - I don't think your 2nd post helped.

I posted this several years ago on the Corolla site. Your engine is the same and it should still apply

Changing the oil and filter on a 1.4D4D.

Oil filters with a flat seal need to be tightened by hand pressure only.

The Toyota replacement filter 90915-TB001 has a rounded seal and requires to be tightened 3/4 of a turn after !Removed! the filter in to touch the engine. It is not possible to tighten this far by hand and a tool is required to grip the filter from below.The normal chain or strap filter, for a side mounted filter, is of no use due to the limited access and I consider a tool to grip the oil filter from below essential. Toyota sell a tool as part number SST 09228-06501 but similar tools can be obtained elsewhere.

Changing the oil and filter can be accomplished with the car on the ground without removing the plastic under panel . The receptacle for the oil has to have a height of only about 80mm in order to have sufficient clearance to remove the drain plug using a 14mm spanner through the hole in the plastic under panel. I used a 10 litre round plastic paint container cut down to 80mm and fitted a small plastic tap near the bottome in order to facilitate emptying.

There are two flaps that have to be opened,10mm screws, in the plastic under panel in order to remove the oil filter . One assists visibility while one is for access to the the filter. I repeat a removing/ tightening tool is essential.

Make sure all surfaces for drain plug and filter are clean. The drain plug should be refitted with a new seal and torqued to 27ft.lbs. The oil filter should be filled with the new oil making sure that the seal is also oiled. It should then be fitted by hand and tightened 3/4 of a turn. After filling with appropriate oil to recommended level run the engine, check for leaks and secure the plastic flaps on the under panel.

Thanks for that Geriatric. I have a removal tool. I've also had a VERY quick look underneath and located the square hole for access to the drain plug, which can be "felt" through it. I didn't look much further for the trap doors - too damp and cold. Good to see the hole is of an adequate size! Unlike some cars where said hole is round and only big enough to fit a socket through and the oils runs out all over the top of the tray when the drain plug is removed. :angry:

I posted this several years ago on the Corolla site. Your engine is the same and it should still apply

Changing the oil and filter on a 1.4D4D.

Oil filters with a flat seal need to be tightened by hand pressure only.

The Toyota replacement filter 90915-TB001 has a rounded seal and requires to be tightened 3/4 of a turn after !Removed! the filter in to touch the engine. It is not possible to tighten this far by hand and a tool is required to grip the filter from below.The normal chain or strap filter, for a side mounted filter, is of no use due to the limited access and I consider a tool to grip the oil filter from below essential. Toyota sell a tool as part number SST 09228-06501 but similar tools can be obtained elsewhere.

Changing the oil and filter can be accomplished with the car on the ground without removing the plastic under panel . The receptacle for the oil has to have a height of only about 80mm in order to have sufficient clearance to remove the drain plug using a 14mm spanner through the hole in the plastic under panel. I used a 10 litre round plastic paint container cut down to 80mm and fitted a small plastic tap near the bottome in order to facilitate emptying.

There are two flaps that have to be opened,10mm screws, in the plastic under panel in order to remove the oil filter . One assists visibility while one is for access to the the filter. I repeat a removing/ tightening tool is essential.

Make sure all surfaces for drain plug and filter are clean. The drain plug should be refitted with a new seal and torqued to 27ft.lbs. The oil filter should be filled with the new oil making sure that the seal is also oiled. It should then be fitted by hand and tightened 3/4 of a turn. After filling with appropriate oil to recommended level run the engine, check for leaks and secure the plastic flaps on the under panel.

I have not started the job yet (hopefully later today) but I am not sure that this advice is relevant because the Aygo Diesel has a PEUGEOT Diesel engine and not a Toyota engine as the Corolla. There is no way to fill the new filter with oil as it is a paper element type, not a metal cartridge.

I could be wrong Steve, but I suspect Geriatric was referring to my post after me confusing the issue mentioning the 1.4 D4D engine? :blink:

I could be wrong Steve, but I suspect Geriatric was referring to my post after me confusing the issue mentioning the 1.4 D4D engine? :blink:

Yes I was. Messed up a couple of times hence the name!

No it does not. It had the 1.4 Peugeot engine detuned to 58bhp and is discontinued for all three models.

If it had the Toyota 1.4 D4D and its 90bhp it would be a winner on performance and consumption.

Yeah, I just caught that.

Then it said 1.4 I assumed D4D, but on closer inspection I noticed it as a PSA engine and not a Toyota :(

I was amazed a 1.4L engine would fit in an Aygo anyway! :lol:

I must really be packed in!

I wonder if you could retrofit the Toyota D4D into an Aygo tho'... high revving turbo diesel engine in a car that weighs sod all, that would be hilarious and probably lethal!! :lol:

Maybe add 4WD and then give it to PaulT and see what he can do with it in the next TSS :lol:

"Yes I was. Messed up a couple of times hence the name!"

Yes,I know the feeling :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just caught that.

Then it said 1.4 I assumed D4D, but on closer inspection I noticed it as a PSA engine and not a Toyota :(

I was amazed a 1.4L engine would fit in an Aygo anyway! :lol:

I must really be packed in!

I wonder if you could retrofit the Toyota D4D into an Aygo tho'... high revving turbo diesel engine in a car that weighs sod all, that would be hilarious and probably lethal!! :lol:

Maybe add 4WD and then give it to PaulT and see what he can do with it in the next TSS :lol:

A 1.6L Toyota 4A-GE 'Blacktop' has been fitted to a 107 giving 165hp must ive quite a performance!

post-18994-013130700 1290535571_thumb.jp

A 1.6? In an AYGO??!!! :eek:

Surely that must be defying the laws of physics! I mean, how do they fit it in there?!?! :lol:

The Diesel engine is a 1.4 4 cylinder which fits fine too, so I'm not too surprised.

With a thick enough wallet anything's possible...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links