Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New D4D My10 With Problems...

cyberguy

I just bought my MY10 D4D (the new euro 5) and from the first day I heard a metallic noise when I changed gears at low revs. I thought maybe its the clutch, but now after 600 miles, when I rev higher (~3000) and change fast gears I hear a metallic "bang". The same thing happens when I cruise with 3rd gear and ~1600 rpm and I play with the accelerator.

I lifted the car in the toyota dealer and we saw that there is a gearbox-engine mount that is quite soft in order to absorb the noise from the engine. This mount is quite soft and when it is stretched it produces this metallic sound (bang)

The problem is that the engineers dont have any other D4D to compare the noise to see if its natural or mine has a problem. Thats why I wanted to ask other D4D owners (MY2010) if they face the same problem.

thnx

It shouldn't make any noises like that when changing gear at all.

Leave it with the dealer to sort out. I wouldn't be happy as it sounds like they are trying to fob you off saying they don't have another car to compare it with. What they should do is change the part and take it from there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links