Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Rear Window

Roxton

Hi

I have a 2003 TX D4D. When I listen to FM I can not put the rear window demister on as I get loud static. I have to switch to Talk Sport medium wave which is ok with me but drives everyone else batty! It was ok when I first bought it 4yrs ago. Started about a year ago. Don't know why!

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Roy.

Hi

I have a 2003 TX D4D. When I listen to FM I can not put the rear window demister on as I get loud static. I have to switch to Talk Sport medium wave which is ok with me but drives everyone else batty! It was ok when I first bought it 4yrs ago. Started about a year ago. Don't know why!

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Roy.

If yours is the model with the radio aerial attached to the rear window its insulation may be damaged and it is picking up static from the surrounding defogging element.

Fitter

We’ve got a 2007 T4 hatchback and have the same problem with the heated window and also when the rear wiper is used, so I spoke to the service manager who has found that others have had the same problem so he suggested a rear window replacement and wiper arm to be changed from the metal arm to the plastic type with a possible wiper motor change aswell. As the car is under extended warranty we have to wait for Mr T to give the ok. Will let you all know of the results. :thumbsup:

THurn