Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prospective Auris Buyer.

john1970

Hi all,

Possible buyer of auris here. Looking at the t spirit model. Is the diesel better than the 1.6?

I do around 10-12k per year. Are there any big bills waiting when buying these 2nd hand, eg turbo going bang!

Or any issues that I should be aware of?

Or would an end of line corolla be worth a look too?

ta!

Hi, which diesel do you mean? I've never driven a 1.6 so can't really comment, I have a 2.0 diesel and so far (26000 miles) its been absolutely fine with no problems, and has enough get up n go for my purposes. Why not test drive both and see which you prefer?

As far as reliability is concerned I've been a fairly regular visitor to these forums for a good while now and there seems to be really very few instances of major troubles, the engine gearbox and drivetrains appear to be very reliable. Most complaints seem to relate to squeeky brakes and rattly trim, probably sorted out under warranty already on a used one. Don't really think there is anything much to worry about as far as major component reliability goes.

just bought a auris have a vibration under driver floorpan and general low loud noise when driving other than engine any help appreciated car was bought 2 days ago

Hi, would be the 2.0 diesel.

Went to look at one today, but as it was peeing it down, couldnt get a good look inside it!

Shame you didn't get a better look :(

IMO the 2.0 diesel is a good unit with an impressive reliabilty record, Chain driven cam means no rubber belts to change = cheaper service costs. Six speed gearbox gives relaxed low rev cruising at A road / motorway speeds. I'm fair chuffed with mine :thumbsup:

just bought a auris have a vibration under driver floorpan and general low loud noise when driving other than engine any help appreciated car was bought 2 days ago

Hi yjere

I find my Auris 2.0 Diesel noisy when cold, but once its warmed up its fine. THe vibration could be just a wheel out of balance, and easily fixed. Take it back to the garage and tell them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links