Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 2010 Avensis Tr 2.0 D4D - Problems On Collection

Fluffmeister

Hi Folks

Picked up my new Avensis a week last Saturday and was not overly happy, 2 weeks on I love the car but there where niggles on delivery. First off the supplying dealer did "Fix" everything, but they are faults that should not have happened had the car been PDI'd properly.

On collection the car had the following

Dusty interior, I mean thick with dust and sticker residue on the windows

Electric Mirrors where not working (Faulty switch)

Bad Rattle / Vibration from the rear shelf (car is a saloon)

Steering alignment out, the steering wheel had to be turned off centre to the right about 30 deg to go in a straight line.

So I spent half a day in the dealers getting it all sorted, then on driving home, boom, limp mode. Turned out they never tightened the negative terminal on the Battery.

The service guy I dealt with was great, and I am pretty chilled out about such things, but was promised a courtesy call from the service manager to appologise and smooth things over, this has not happened so a letter is winging it's way over to Toyota customer services.

Anyone else had a similar experience recently? The same dealer supplied my 2010 Prius without an issue, so maybe a monkey had infiltrated the workshop come PDI time.

sounds awful, dusty interior should be obvious and the car should never have been released like that.

I guess the mirror switch could have been missed but no excuse for that really, the vibration i can see could be missed as on a new car they would probably not test drive it to any degree to keep the mileage down.

no excuse for the wheel alignment though this should have been obvious.

all in all i would say pretty awful as new car sales are down at moment so no excuse for rushing these things.

picked mine up in june this year from Dingles in Norwich and they were superb.

I have to say that my 2009 (current) model is great and I did not have any troubles at all on collection, the car was presented in the way I have come to expect. The same can be said for my wife's 2010 Prius.

It seems to me that you have had a rather unfortunate experience with poor quality service from the dealer. As for the mirror switch and the steering alignment that is bad quality inspection at the factory and also on the PDI when at the dealer.

How about pressing them for some form of compensation such as a free tank of fuel.... press them hard and they might just cough up. Good luck :thumbsup:

Dusty interior, I mean thick with dust and sticker residue on the windows

Electric Mirrors where not working (Faulty switch)

Bad Rattle / Vibration from the rear shelf (car is a saloon)

Steering alignment out, the steering wheel had to be turned off centre to the right about 30 deg to go in a straight line.

Last time I seen a car with a real dusty interior and off-set steering wheel was one which came out of a body shop after having been in a shunt. If it were mine I would be digging a little deeper. In all honesty if a garage presented a new car like that to me I would park it on the forecourt and insist on my money back.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware

i just pikked my car from toyota hodgson in silverlink and the salesman steve was spoton unfortunately 2 days later i realise the lacquer is peeling off some of the alloys .and also a vibration under the drivers floorpan which is very annoying .also rattles from either parcel shelf or boot.also lastly like the car has another engine with a low boom mkimg noise which is happening when it is warm anyone help as only had the cR 2 DAYS AND PAID CASH TAking car in tomorow to hodgson silverlink so ill keep you guys posted on how it goes

When I took delivery of my Avensis, it was in pristine condition.

I arrived at the dealer's a couple of hours early, to witness the final assembly. ;)

"Assembly", because since we have this funny tax regime on new cars, practicly all privately owned cars are ordered as "bare bone" and as soon as the car receives its registration plates, all goodies that normally come on regular trim levels in other countries, are added by the dealers.

Can save a couple of thousand €€.

Things like cruise control, towing hitch, parking aid, etc. all give you a good look at what is underneath while they are being installed.

Then the car was washed, cleaned inside and out, and polished by 3 guys wearing white gloves.

The problem is, how do I keep it like that.... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links