Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

*5 Spoke Rims*

GeoffreyPF

Hey everyone, I have a silver toyota corolla 5 door hatchback. I'm thinking if I should buy 5 spoke black 17" rims.

What do you think? Is it going to look bad or good?

Rate out of 10 if you can as well please.

Thanks

at the end of the day buddy, it's up to you if you like the idea/look of black rims or not, it's your car :)

Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks s'long as you're happy.

if you've got a pic of your motor, I can tell you whether or not I think they'd look good. :)

I've got the T2 version. I'm gna get my windows tinted and rims soon. I photoshopped the rims and wasn't liking it so I'm just gna get silver alloys. You know anywhere that does alloys for cheap?

loads of places do cheap wheels. rimstyle.com wheelbasealloys.com etc etc a google search will reveal all.

exactly the same colour as mine :)

I have the stock toyota 'rolla alloy's in silver and they look nice, definitely going to try and find some silver 16 or 17's.

Dude, you should get the silver mirrors for your car too, they look siiiiiick, and a civic aerial ;)

nice car you have there :), here's some suggestions that you can consider if you want,

some nice wheels, tints and a spoiler will make the car look real good and try getting the black plastic parts on the doors sprayed silver or look for some, it will make the car look like a better higher range like a t3 or t spirit, also like wangtastic said get the mirrors done silver to add to the finish, also you can try to get some fogs for the front bumper which can be found on eBay which are not that expensive

at the end of the day its your car and you can do whatever you like with it

hope you thousands of happy miles with your rolla :D

regards

Thank you :).Do you know where I can get the fog lights installed, also where can I get the body trim (mirrors and side strip) sprayed or find them? I'm getting my windows tinted sometime next month, as for rims... I'm still looking, I'm definitely getting 17 inch but just need to see who will do them the cheapest.

Thank you :).Do you know where I can get the fog lights installed, also where can I get the body trim (mirrors and side strip) sprayed or find them? I'm getting my windows tinted sometime next month, as for rims... I'm still looking, I'm definitely getting 17 inch but just need to see who will do them the cheapest.

Your welcome :)

you can go to a garage for your fogs where they can do the wiring and fit them for you unless you know how to do the wiring, should not be too expensive to fit but i dont really know :S, make sure you can get the black plastic around the fog so you can fit the whole part into the bumper instead of making a hole in your current ones which may look abit dodgy

for the trims you can take your current ones off and get them sprayed at a car body repair shop which again wont be too expensive as its a easy job to do.

your cars going to look great after the tints, mines sure did :D

get the rear doors and boot done but not completely black in my opinion but not too light, like 90% if you know what i mean? but thats my taste

try getting the front windows done too but not too much that its illegal, the legal amount should be perfect which may be little but is worth it in my opinion, looks miles better :D

Regards

P.S. sorry for the long essay

Hey I don't mind about the long essay :).

Should I go to toyota to get my fog lights or eBay or something like that? Sorry to be a pain but would you mind helping me look for some fog lights? I would appreciate it, esp. because its foggy around this time of the year.

As for body repair shop.. Know any in London roughly?

20% at the rear and rear passenger sides and as for front I'm going to get 35% done to my windows.

Sorry for all the questions :s

i wouldnt bother with the fog lights. they will be expensive to buy along with the fixings and the plastic surrounds etc. personally i would:

1. put some big led running lights where the fog lights "should go" notice i said BIG leds rather than the cheapo small "i want to be an audi" ones

2. hid xenon conversion headlights

3. rear 3 medium smoke tint or medium smoke on the rear 3 and light on front if you dont mind mixing with the law

4. some nice SILVER 17" alloys, nothing black or too tacky

5. lower if you wish depending on your uses of the car and how much your back is willing to take

6. some tasteful audio upgrades some nice alpine components or something and a small subwoofer just to give some bass and clarity to your music

7. wingmirrors and door strips colour coded

8. enjoy!

that's is what i would do if that were my car...but as has been said it doesnt matter if jim down the road thinks it looks sh*te its your car and your money do what you will enjoy.

well going to toyota will cost alot of money so i wouldnt do that

like corollad4d said, instead of the fog lights you can add big LED's where the fogs are supposed to be which will make the car look better than fogs actually but i do not know if they would give you better vision while driving so its up to you and it will be cheaper compared to installing standard fogs

i dont know any body shops in london as im not from there so sorry, you can search online and find some though, shouldnt be to hard :)

i would recommend HID's too but it depends on the law as i heard and seen some posts on the MOT rules changing and they do not allow them, but if you know any places that are close and friendly with you and will let you off then i would go for it :D

corolla d4d's recommendations are real nice so you should consider points from him :)

light front tinits would look nice along with the medium rear tints, great combination as i did it and it looks superb

lowering the car will make it look awesome but again you have to consider comfort and your area e.g. pot holes and humps if it will scrape

sound system is a defo, a good suwoofer and head unit will imrpove sound and bass like corollad4d suggested :D

and obviously the mirros and door strips

everyones here to help so there is no harm in asking any questions :D

Hey everyone, I have a silver toyota corolla 5 door hatchback. I'm thinking if I should buy 5 spoke black 17" rims.

Thanks

IMO i think 17's are borderline too big.... i mean i personaly think if you got too big on 5 spoke wheels unless you get bigger brakes it looks poor, big wheels with small brakes just doesnt go.... but thats me, iv always said if im going to get bigger wheels for my t-sport im either going to get a bigger brake setup or going to get multi-spoke

but its all down to what you like at the end of the day :)

good point that, i hadent actually thaught about it and i was wanting to get 18's for mine, hopefully for crimbo if not defo january, maybe get 18 and if it looks stupid then its a reason to get bigger brakes haha

Thanks

IMO i think 17's are borderline too big.... i mean i personaly think if you got too big on 5 spoke wheels unless you get bigger brakes it looks poor, big wheels with small brakes just doesnt go.... but thats me, iv always said if im going to get bigger wheels for my t-sport im either going to get a bigger brake setup or going to get multi-spoke

but its all down to what you like at the end of the day :)

thats a good point, how do you upgrade to bigger brakes?

i would like to do that my self as i have stock corolla ones on and they are tiny and useless :(

i would like to upgrade to tsport ones that are drilled and grooved

regards

Thanks for the replies.

Hey CorollaD4D would you mind giving me a website link to where I can get those big LED lights.

Im going to do those HID lights maybe in feburary :). My windows will be done by polimax on thw 12 dec' hopefully.

As for the rims,I've decided to get multi spoke rims but need to save up as they cause a lot more, plus I need to get a coilover or maybe another suspension.

My sound system is stock and will upgrade after all the body work is done as I'm not to fussed about it right now.

Im currently looking for body shops and will get the sides and mirrors sprayed asap.

If anyone has time to post website links or connections about parts for the car, please do tell me.

I will post pictures and update on what happens to the car.

Thanks for the replies.

Hey CorollaD4D would you mind giving me a website link to where I can get those big LED lights.

Im going to do those HID lights maybe in feburary :). My windows will be done by polimax on thw 12 dec' hopefully.

As for the rims,I've decided to get multi spoke rims but need to save up as they cause a lot more, plus I need to get a coilover or maybe another suspension.

My sound system is stock and will upgrade after all the body work is done as I'm not to fussed about it right now.

Im currently looking for body shops and will get the sides and mirrors sprayed asap.

If anyone has time to post website links or connections about parts for the car, please do tell me.

I will post pictures and update on what happens to the car.

the only place i've seen them is hids4u.co.uk but they're around 70quid there which is steep i've not bought them for my own car yet so haven't invested the time or done the ringing around some of my mates got contacts within motor trade to see if i can get them any cheaper. i will have a look around for you.

looking at the polimax website to give you an idea my own car has the 20% shade on the rear 3 windows and has the 50% shade on the front. the 50% on the front will attract attention from the law it is an illegal shade it just depends on the officer and how you come across really.

if i could go back i would get the 20% shade on the rear screen, 35% on the rear 2 windows and 50% on the front 2 or leave the front 2 tint free if you're strict to the law lol.

no matter what anyone says there is no such thing as a "legal tint" for the front of your car. the law says they must transmit 70% light and the glass is not 100% transmission from the factory so you've got that small factor already in the glass. if you place a "legal" film over this it will still push you over the limit. in addition to this these so called "legal" films are so light i dont think its worth the bother. better off getting a clear film applied which cuts out the uv etc and if the glass ever does get smashed it keeps the glass together. and if you're like me then i have the 50% on the front of mine like i've said.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links