Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Gen 2 Headlamp Converts

rodi

Hi guys,

I am preparing for the eurotrip and I am wondering do prius headlamp have got 'adjustment' switch to change headlamps from left hand traffic to right hand traffic? I was about to buy the headlamp converters stickers, but the salesman advised me that they will stick to the beam forever, especially plastic one.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Not sure about the gen2 but my gen 3 doesn't have them. I had to use the stick on beam converters.

A tip that I used to removed the stickers was to carefully (and I mean carefully) dab them with neat windscreen wash. Do NOT rub hard, just slowly dab away with a few folded sheets of toilet paper soaked in the windscreen wash. Make sure you do this outside to avoid getting high! It takes about 10 mins each headlight but worked and they are back to normal.

Again I will stress this - don't rub hard as you will scratch the plastic headlight.

Not sure about the gen2 but my gen 3 doesn't have them. I had to use the stick on beam converters.

A tip that I used to removed the stickers was to carefully (and I mean carefully) dab them with neat windscreen wash. Do NOT rub hard, just slowly dab away with a few folded sheets of toilet paper soaked in the windscreen wash. Make sure you do this outside to avoid getting high! It takes about 10 mins each headlight but worked and they are back to normal.

Again I will stress this - don't rub hard as you will scratch the plastic headlight.

Thanks, I am trying to avoid these stickers, but if necessary I'll follow your advise.

You may find that baby oil works too. It is great for getting really sticky stuff off of plastics. Just use a cotton wool ball or two, dab it on, leave for a while then gently wipe off. Might have to repeat for stubborn patches. Also leaves your finges smooth :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

You may find that baby oil works too. It is great for getting really sticky stuff off of plastics. Just use a cotton wool ball or two, dab it on, leave for a while then gently wipe off. Might have to repeat for stubborn patches. Also leaves your finges smooth :thumbsup:

Hi Guys

Dont know if this is correct,but, I spoke the the sales guy today, while having a test drive of a T spirit 07, I asked him about headlights as we do many trips to France, I asked him was there a switch to change them over, he said QOUTE (you do not need to do anything, the beams shine straight in front and do not bend either way)

True or force I do not know, perhaps someone can try up against a door or wall.

MGnut

lol, he's talking out of his behind. Me thinks perhaps he'd been at the Christmas party the night before?

Definitely talking through his backside. There is a kick up on the left. Not great but it is there.

From one of the same dealers that thought 5W-30 oil was correct from the Gen III perhaps!

35661.png

You definitely need the conversion stickers. They are not hard to remove baby oil gets them off OK.

I asked him was there a switch to change them over, he said QOUTE (you do not need to do anything, the beams shine straight in front and do not bend either way)

What a nob! Well he is a salesman after all, I would'nt expect him to know anything about cars :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links