Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serpentine Belt Tensioner?

Dewy

Hey guys, well my tensioner is noisy! (as all toyota's do!) so was just wondering if anyone knew how much a genuine tensioner is form toyota? and does anyone have a part number for it? Its the 2ZZ-GE t-sport i have. I know it wont be cheap as its got the huge damper on it lol

thanks in advance :)

sodding hell thats rather pricy for a tensioner! lol

i only ask as i thought id havea browse online first, see if theres any genuine parts bieng sold cheaper on the web, but no luck so far :(

sodding hell thats rather pricy for a tensioner! lol

i only ask as i thought id havea browse online first, see if theres any genuine parts bieng sold cheaper on the web, but no luck so far :(

How bad is it that you need to go and spend that sort of money to replace it?

What age is the car and how many miles?

Mine makes a hell of a noise sometimes. Getting one ordered soon. Oh and i think tha price was trade btw.

What sort of noise does it make?

Does anyone know if this is one of those common problems on a TS?

Not so much a common problem. Just a rough bearing noise if that makes sense. Not every tensioner will have the same life span.

Not so much a common problem. Just a rough bearing noise if that makes sense. Not every tensioner will have the same life span.

Got you :thumbsup:

I just wanted to know in case I ever hear something from that area.

Well il get it trade anyways im a mechanic, i phoned toyota today and its £123 or something like that and £30 for a belt! :o but il get the belt after market

they seem to be commen on alot of toyotas, iv changed alot of noisy tensioners on yaris t-sports at work

mines not making a REALY bad noise, but its noticable when the bonnets open.... and now i know its there i cant not do anything about it lol

i simply diagnosed it with a long screw driver and put the end on near tot he pully and put it up to my ear, u can hear it grinding through the screwdriver and as i move it up the arm away from the pully it gets quiter. Im sure when i take the belt off there will be play in the pully

i simply diagnosed it with a long screw driver and put the end on near tot he pully and put it up to my ear, u can hear it grinding through the screwdriver and as i move it up the arm away from the pully it gets quiter. Im sure when i take the belt off there will be play in the pully

Just had my belt replaced and the tensioner was O.K no noise :thumbsup:

Now I have had my belt changed I am assuming that it is OK for another 60,000 or 6 years is this correct?

Thanks.

wheres the best place to get a new belt from?

Try your local autoparts shop I did it was a third the price Toyota wanted. :thumbsup: