Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Tyres

Crustynuggets

Ok, so the front tyres on my Avensis are getting towards the point where I usually think about changing them.

I always go like-for-like so that means Bridgestone Turanza 215/55/R17. Looking around on the 'tinterweb and the high street the cheapest I found was around £130 each.

However, when I happened to pop to my local Toyota dealership last week (for something else) they do the same tyres for only £87 each!

How do they do it so cheap?! I'd would have never even thought about going to a dealership for tyres before, but at those prices, who am I to argue? :yahoo:

Ok, so the front tyres on my Avensis are getting towards the point where I usually think about changing them.

I always go like-for-like so that means Bridgestone Turanza 215/55/R17. Looking around on the 'tinterweb and the high street the cheapest I found was around £130 each.

However, when I happened to pop to my local Toyota dealership last week (for something else) they do the same tyres for only £87 each!

How do they do it so cheap?! I'd would have never even thought about going to a dealership for tyres before, but at those prices, who am I to argue? :yahoo:

Don't know the answer to that one but it would have been the last place I thought of going so thanks for the info for future reference:yes:.

Regards, Pete.

Not on my car! (well according to what's on there now and what's listed in the handbook)

just had a look at your car model (TOURER) it could be possible that the Tourer's come with 215/55/17!!

mines a 56 plate 2.2 hatchback and when i rang Toyota i gave them my car registration they confirmed that my cars boots size are 215/50/17, on my 55 plate T2 hatch i have 205/55/16 fitted.

Not only I found them cheapest for tyers, if you buy the tyers from them, if you have a puncture, it is repaired free of charge (that is, if it is repairabele...)

TwoT

If you visit the UK version of google and search for your tyres you may find a company call camskill who I've always found to provide the best price. I tend to get them delivered then find a garage who will fit them.

I used to buy the Vredestein Sportrac 3 as they're amazing (especially in the wet!) considering the price. Have a look on http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk and you can compare tyres.

Thought I'd phone up my local Mr T, they want £120+Vat for a shoe for my T180 estate (215/50/R17 91 W)Still cheaper than alot of local places. Would love to get mine for £87 each! Was that including the tax man's slice of the cake to?

Did anybody check Blackcircles for tyres, guys? I buy mine from there for the last four years- ok different size 205/55/16 91v but still Bridgestone Turanza ER300 with rim protector and alwys about £57- 59 each. With fitting goes to about £70- 72.

Regards

Palmerino

Did anybody check Blackcircles for tyres, guys? I buy mine from there for the last four years- ok different size 205/55/16 91v but still Bridgestone Turanza ER300 with rim protector and alwys about £57- 59 each. With fitting goes to about £70- 72.

Regards

Palmerino

ATS had an offer giving 25% discount if you buy 4 new tyres (Michelin, Dunlop or Avon). They will match the web price. I had 4 dunlop fitted all in for £57.00 each --

Hi Crustynuggets

What you do not say is how many miles your tyres have done?

The reason for asking is I have just done 20.000 miles in my 2009 2.0 Avensis Tourer and I do not think the front tyres will do much more than another thousand miles.

I also plan to change the make,as I am not impressed with the Bridgestones, I had two Nissan X Trails before and both did over 36.000 miles on the tyres!

Mike

Hi Crustynuggets

The reason for asking is I have just done 20.000 miles in my 2009 2.0 Avensis Tourer and I do not think the front tyres will do much more than another thousand miles.

I also plan to change the make,as I am not impressed with the Bridgestones, I had two Nissan X Trails before and both did over 36.000 miles on the tyres!

Mike

Hi, Guys!

I had Dunlop Sport 3000 before and I did about 24-25000 miles after I swaped them on 10000 miles as it says in the manual book. Now I am on the second set Bridgestone Turanza ER300. The first set have done almost the same milige like Dunlop maybe 1000 miles less but they have better grip and they are more quiet and I think this is quite good mileges on both brands as on any web site I checked it says that the tyres will last for 17-20000 miles. Maybe that is the limit of my car ( toyota avensis d4d t3s estate) or maybe the way I drive? I do not know how the other people doing about 35-40000 miles and I read here before someone did 63 000 miles on one set ( Michelin gives about 40000 miles on their tyres). For an average driver ( like me) doing about 15000 miles per year think this is good and the thing is after a year and a half the rubber on the tyre gets old, cracks and become harder and harder and does not give the same grip, so for me there is no point having a tyre which will last for another 20000 miles but it will be like a set of plastic circles on rims.

Regards

Plamerino

Hi Crustynuggets

Mike

The nissan X-trail tyres have a lot bigger rolling radius so they will last longer.

Hi Again Crustynuggets

At £87.00 I should go and get those Tyres fitted today! as you must have the cheapest Toyota dealer I think in the country. :yes:

Phoned 3 local Toyota dealers in our area and all quoted £130 fitted.

By the way also on my 2009 Avensis 2.0 TR Tourer I have the same Bridgestone Turanza 215/55R17 94W ER300 Tyres.

Will shop around a bit more before replacing them I think :thumbsup:

Mike