Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adhesive Behind Front Door Cards

farhanali89

Any one know what kind of rubber glue is on the plastic kind of sheeting when you undo the front door cards, its like a black rubber glue attached to the plastics ? anyone know what kind of glue this is

can't help on the glue side but usually when soundproofing you remove this plastic and soundproof onto the inner metal skin of the door. the skin to which all the window motor, crossover for Speakers etc are attached. hence the plastic is discarded and why i don't know what type of glue it is.

just from memory the consistency was some type of silicone type i think rather than glue i remember it wasn't set hard it was in a state between solid and liquid..

ah wicked well i have done that i did it in the inner side aswell where the window winds down, i used maxmat for the bulk and silent coat for the speaker areas. just need to find more of that glue to get the plastic on nice again it is all stuck on tho but id rather get more glue and finish it up properly

It's called Butyle and it comes on a roll. You kinda roll it on and stretch it as you stick it to the door then you stick the plastic over it.

Farhan where did you buy the maxmat from? Also I will be grateful if you gimme some quick feedback on the Silent Coat stuff as I've no experience with that yet.

I gt the maxmat feom cas caraudiosecurity.the silent coat is good dude its thicker than dynamat exteme its good solid stuff for sure doesnt need to be layerd up. I used max mat as its not to heavy bt added decent weight to our tinny doors and quietenes it down inside foe sure

in my previous car i had the full car in the stp maxmat it did a good job and was cheaper than the dynamat. i think dynamat charge premium just for paying for the dynamat name lol. hmm cool i'll look into the silent coat stuff.

Rob u are a legend i need a bit of a hand with interior bits so i will be throwing some questions ur way

No problems mate i'm here if you need me!

How do you remove the door cards??

Need to sort out my really quiet drivers side speaker...

gaz, pull the tweeter towards you first, its just held on by one push in clipso tug at it.

then open the little flap near the inner handle to ope door, unscrew that, Then look into your door armrest where the window buttons are unscrew there.

after from the bottom of the door tug again hard on the lower door area you should here a few clips pop outwork your way around the bottom untill all are clipped off. Then start on the sides once thats done push the card up and slide off. Man-bing has a diy on how to do it in his sig.

Gaz the Speakers use rivets so they need to be drilled out.

Cool, cheers for that.

I'm hoping there's just a loose wire or something.... if not i'll be upgrading the door Speakers :lol: