Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Replacement

richard price

Make sure they make it waterproof and recheck that with real water, preferrably a lot.

The 4.3 early models have a bad habit of not being fully waterproof at the windscreens, resulting in water usually on and under the passengers floormat, if not on other more inconvenient places.

Here they are mentioning it for instance. But many other places too.

Greetz

Pim

Good advice about checking for leaks.

Water ingress on 4.3's is usually caused by a "cowl panel seal" though [which is a bit of foam around the air intake under the plastic panel below the windscreen]. Well At least the one I had was, and the Toyota TSB refers to that. To be honest, I can't see that being affected by windscreen replacement but then, I have never had a windscreen replaced...

The early RAVs tended to have problems with the windscreen seal failing.

the best time to fix a water leak is to prevent it happening before it starts - make sure the technician puts enough seal on to be able to secure the screen and to keep it water-sealed.

The early RAVs tended to have problems with the windscreen seal failing.

the best time to fix a water leak is to prevent it happening before it starts - make sure the technician puts enough seal on to be able to secure the screen and to keep it water-sealed.

Only thing that I would add to that is to check the paintwork around the inside of the screen after it has been fitted. They tend to remove them using piano wire ( to cut the sealant ) and it is very easy to take off the paint on the edge of the windscreen seating area (inside the car ). Use a small mirror to inspect the area and look for shiney metal.