Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Under Bonnet Insulation

carina danny

we have a toyota carina e 2.0 executive. I have noticed on other cars of similar age they have under bonnet insulation on to keep the heat in and make the engine seem quieter. I would like to do it to ours to make it quieter but i am worried that if i put it on then the engine cooling system will get confused and over heat as the insulation does also keep the heat in. They put in on some avensis when they came out and it is on other cars like camry's of similar age. It seems to have the holes to fit it in under the bonnet. If you think it would work or it can work then does anyone know where i can get the stuff from.

Thanks danny

and if i get this stuff ur talking about, it won't effect the engine at all?

Nope the extra heat will be so marginal that it won't affect anything. Let us all know if you find some and lets us know where you got it cheers.

• 1 year later...

Any luck with this?

My '57 Avensis is in the dealer having a new engine fitted due tot he well documented head gasket issue. They have contacted me this morning to ask if I have ever left the oil cap off, as the pad is soaked with oil and a replacement is £180!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links