Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T-Sport Sound Install Thread

farhanali89

Great stuff mate! :thumbsup:

We desperately want to do something like this, the standard system is sooooo dated. What did you end up paying and what for in the end?

KP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• CorollaD4D

• Bong Water

• wangtastic

Glad to hear you got it all sorted Farhan, what was the problem with the focals in the end bro? (just for my knowledge, future reference). Post up some pics when you get chance.

And KP this setup may have been expensive but even for the sake of changing the headunit and changing the Speakers you can get much better sound than the standard.

personally i would suggest to everyone go for either pioneer or alpine headunit and upgrade the components to some pioneer ones. you don't need to spend millions, even a set of £50 components by pioneer will sound so much better and with little tricks like some sound proofing (say £20 worth) and having the system setup properly your sound will be infinitely better than factory. the factory system is literally designed to fill holes in the doors and dash board and not much else!

Thanks KP,

Im really pleased overall and my mind is already thinking of how to improve the system, i may use a secondary amplifier like a jl audio xd200/2 or a 250/1v2 to run the subwoofer and go for focals in the rears.

We also did my friends MK5 R32.

We used exactly the same equipment instead he went for the JL Audio XD600/6 and i went for the 400/4 theonly difference is he has an extra 2 channels to run the rear components.

The same components were used on both mine and his car, Focal Anniversary additions, The only difference is he has alot more volume because hes running them amplified in the rear.

Subwoofer JL Audio H0108RG its an 8 inch subwoofer in a custom made JL Audio enclosure.

To break down costs a little bit,

Jl Audio H0108RG - 210

Jl Audio XD400/4 - 300

Focal 165V30 - 140

Jl Audio Bass Controller - 20

Sound Deadening Max Mat, Silent Coat, Closed Cell Foam - 100

Alpine KCE-400BT - 130

Alpine 9884R - 200 (This was purchased when i first bought my t-sport)

JL Audio/Stinger Cabling - 70

It was an expensive venture but i never regret paying this money, It sounds fantastic, Its quality equipment and it will always go with me to the next car, My old JL Audio 500/1 is going into my sisters car.

I was really wary of adding weight to the car, So i had to pay the price for better equipment which was more compact and weighed very little.

CorollaD4D, Have a guess everything was fine! The amplifier was FAULTY........they replaced it there and then with no fuss. Shocking because the alpines had less interference but because the focal tweeters are aluminium they were picking up interference more from the amplifier, Everything seems much better. My cameras here aswell so photos this weekend im going to clean the interior!

I did alot of trial and error with this install and have never come across so many hiccups, For a cheaper factory upgrade i would choose the following,

Basic Alpine Unit - 100-150

Adaptor Fascia Plate - 10

Amplifier Cabling 4AWG - 40

Speaker Cabling Stinger - 10

RCA Cables - 20

Subwoofer Its tottaly up to you and budget again the same with an amplifier

Components on a budget, Defo Pioneers as corollad4d suggested i was a little dissapointed with the alpines but i can vouch for pioneers being good components, But Speakers are a personal choice you need to hear them to know.

Ok then mate thanks, that is a lot of ££££!! I think it's best that we save for the next big step if there is one :D

LOL bro I expected everything to be faulty but not the amp, at least with JL audio you know they got good backup and service if it comes down to it they won't drop you in the sh*t!

and damn you got those focals cheap! i am assuming they were brand new cheapest i've seen those is around the 200 mark!

incidentally that sub you have - it is a HO box from JL with the sub already in or did you buy the sub separate and get someone to custom fabricate the box for you? i couldn't find 8" w3 in HO box on the JL site but i have been awake 3 nights in a row now lol..

glad to hear you got it sorted in the end and you're enjoying some good sounds in your car. i like your setup it's clean sounding with some power and volume there while still not taking up all the room etc. i'm changing my stuff to, going to base my setup around a hd900/5 cos these diamond amps have now killed the 2nd alternator man and i hate not being able to listen to it loud all the time. i'm gonna reduce the power i'm running from over 1000w rms to just 900w rms hopefully car electrics will cope better and i'll be able to have it loud all the time :)

Hey bro yea the h0108rg has been discontinued here the subwoofer comes with the box. If i remember correctly me and my mate vik were the last to buy them in the country. LOL

i bought mine through my jl dealer who apparently sourced the last one, AI Audio in slough then provided the second subwoofer to my friend they didnt come up on celsus uk with having one in stock so it was sitting in the back for ages. People have them on there website its HO108RG, When you come to order it however theyll notify you later it may not come on the uk shipment etc etc.

The focals my dealer gave me a good price, I spent over a grand with them dude LOL i deserve a discount!

i bought my 500/1 from them aswell and my W7 a while back.

The next setup seems like this for me, Im either going to buy a small xd200/2 and run the subwoofer off that only and use the other 2 channels on the xd400 to run the rears, These XD amplifiers are amazing but believe me...You need to hear this 8. Completely blown away by it and this is coming from someone who owned a W7.

Yeah man you been praising that sub much must be good i think the extra power to the sub from another xd and amp'd rear Speakers will give a big lift in the overall volume of your audio. i think the sub sounds good because of high output box? my local shop where i get my stuff from they really love the jl high output boxes hmm you're tempting me to get 8w7 in a high output box instead of 10w6v2

...either way i'm fed up of having chav bass in my car, i'm going back to my high end sq setups don't know why i let myself get talked into a chav bass setup by my cousin!

anyways glad to hear it's all sorted and you're enjoying it you put a lot of effort into that setup. post up some pics if you get a chance yeah!

Defo the highout put box made a world of a difference, Remember when i first started out i bought the CP108LG thats the compact enclosure with an 8W3V3. It did not drop anything like this i was amazed at how much difference a box made.

Why dont you look into a single 10w3v3 in a halo box next?

Ill say one thing though the slash series amplifiers are solid and for the prices you can pick them up for nowadays i would go for them!

that is also a good suggetion! went to my local audio shop they suggested 13tw5 or 12w6v2 with hd900/5 one amp to run everything cos i'm getting killed on boot space in my current install. but they're lining up some demonstrations for me so all being well i can hear a similar setup before i buy it and get it installed.

i mentioned your setup they were impressed, commented it is really nice clean setup but they saying it's not something for my personally i've dealt with them for years now they have kind of grown acustomed to the sound and bass level etc i like..have you ever heard a 13tw5 or do you have any experience of it?

• 3 weeks later...

that is also a good suggetion! went to my local audio shop they suggested 13tw5 or 12w6v2 with hd900/5 one amp to run everything cos i'm getting killed on boot space in my current install. but they're lining up some demonstrations for me so all being well i can hear a similar setup before i buy it and get it installed.

i mentioned your setup they were impressed, commented it is really nice clean setup but they saying it's not something for my personally i've dealt with them for years now they have kind of grown acustomed to the sound and bass level etc i like..have you ever heard a 13tw5 or do you have any experience of it?

great thread dude!! any pics of the full install>>>>???

great thread dude!! any pics of the full install>>>>???

Do you mean mine or the original post? No pics of mine in the car, the subs are out of the car at the moment due to me needing the space pic:

photo1zs.th.jpg

• 4 years later...