Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Complain?

monya

Bought my new Auris 2 months ago and finally got a detailer to lacquer the paint. However, had to spend extra money to remove a lot of fine scratches that he says are consistent with a wiper blade containing some grit. This could only have been done during the PDI as I haven't cleaned the car since delivery. Who can I complain to and what are my chances of a contribution towards my costs? :help:

You have gone about this the wrong way

You should have contacted your dealer to sort out the problem for you, you cannot have repairs done and then expect your costs to be refunded. Your dealer would be within his rights not to pay you. You should have pointed out the problem, given him the opportunity to put it right, then if he would not put it right you could have taken further action. How would your dealer know what the extent of the damage was if you have had the repairs done without him seeing it?

You could always go in and have a word with the sales manager and see if he will contribute. Don't go in all guns blazing, try and negotiate something to recover your costs

Kingo :thumbsup:

Bought my new Auris 2 months ago and finally got a detailer to lacquer the paint. However, had to spend extra money to remove a lot of fine scratches that he says are consistent with a wiper blade containing some grit. This could only have been done during the PDI as I haven't cleaned the car since delivery. Who can I complain to and what are my chances of a contribution towards my costs? :help:

they will say its grit thrown up by other vehicles and got picked up by the Wiper Blades.it would be a job to prove otherwise.now harm in seeing if they will compensate you.

used to work with a chap who brought a new polo,he showed me large dent in his bonnet that he claimed was there when got it, there was no way it could have been missed when collected by him or them,anyway they fixed it free of charge.

You have gone about this the wrong way

You should have contacted your dealer to sort out the problem for you, you cannot have repairs done and then expect your costs to be refunded. Your dealer would be within his rights not to pay you. You should have pointed out the problem, given him the opportunity to put it right, then if he would not put it right you could have taken further action. How would your dealer know what the extent of the damage was if you have had the repairs done without him seeing it?

You could always go in and have a word with the sales manager and see if he will contribute. Don't go in all guns blazing, try and negotiate something to recover your costs

I see your point. tbh I didn't see the scratches until the chap had washed, degreased etc so was none the wiser. Should have looked carefully on collection but the car was wet so nothing shows up. I guess detailers have a finer eye than me - can't see close up without my goggles.

I hear what you are saying, it just goes to show you we should Always check our purchases ASAP and inform the seller of any problems