Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over Tight Sump Drain Plug

peterc.lewis@blueyonder.co.uk

Just gone to do an oil change on the "new" vvti and the sump plug is WAY too tight and is going to take some force to remove.

Optimistically it will just come off , but in preperation for the threads stripping....

Does anyone know if an oversize plug or repair plug is available for a 2001 (X) 1.8 VVTI GS Avensis. If so what size ?

I just hate forcing things as it nearly always points to something wrong but I have GOT to change the oil at some point so need to bite the bullet.

Cheers.

Just gone to do an oil change on the "new" vvti and the sump plug is WAY too tight and is going to take some force to remove.

Optimistically it will just come off , but in preperation for the threads stripping....

Does anyone know if an oversize plug or repair plug is available for a 2001 (X) 1.8 VVTI GS Avensis. If so what size ?

I just hate forcing things as it nearly always points to something wrong but I have GOT to change the oil at some point so need to bite the bullet.

Cheers.

Maybe it's one of those times to go to a garage and get them to do the oil change. Any problems they have to fix. Think

there's another thread somewhere saying £38 for an oil change at National centres (i think).

Now that's just devious.

Like it and well recommended.