Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'07 1.4D4D Corolla No Power

astrorogan

hi, '07 corolla 1.4d4d with no power.starts and drives no problem, just no power.i serviced car but still the same.theres no warning lights coming on.someone told me could be air flow, i took one out of my sisters '04 1.6vvti corolla it looks the same but no change. could the air flow be different, or is there something else gives problems

hi, '07 corolla 1.4d4d with no power.starts and drives no problem, just no power.i serviced car but still the same.theres no warning lights coming on.someone told me could be air flow, i took one out of my sisters '04 1.6vvti corolla it looks the same but no change. could the air flow be different, or is there something else gives problems

hello mate

1. inispect an EGR valve and clean it from carbon deposits;

2. Be sure your fuel filter is clean and was due changed as per schedule;

3. The same for an air filter.

CHeers/Igor

firstly it is more important to use better quality diesel than petrol there is greater variation in the quality of diesel across forecourts than petrol. only use branded Shell or bp diesel. im not saying use bp ultimate or Shell v-power diesel but even the Shell normal diesel (the only fuel i put in my 2.0d4d) is better fuel than say sainsburys or texaco/jet/gulf etc. sometimes when filling up i use 20quid v-power and the rest normal shell diesel

second put in forte system diesel cleaner let than run though and go for a fast drive on the motorway at night doing about 80mph in 4th gear to burn off and blow any soot in the system out the back. if you not comfortable using 4th use 5th gear but increase speed accordingly. keep revs to or just over 3000 so in my car doing 3000rpm you'd be doing 90mph on the speedo

thirdly clean check remove egr. no point going straight to the egr if the above 2 will fix it. the above 2 are cleaning the egr without physically removing and cleaning it by hand

change fuel filter and i seriously recommend only use toyota genuine fuel and oil filters. the air filter doesn't matter use whichever brand you are ok with but fuel and oil filter needs to be top notch. often cheaper oil filters are single element whereas toyotas own are dual element far as i know.

please try the above and report back anything you find. and it goes without saying but when doing the fast motorway drive dont screw the balls off your car i wont be responsible for anything that goes wrong having said that my own car gets that routine every 2 months and before every mot never given me any problems.

hello mate

1. inispect an EGR valve and clean it from carbon deposits;

2. Be sure your fuel filter is clean and was due changed as per schedule;

3. The same for an air filter.

CHeers/Igor

all very good questions :thumbsup:

when you say no power, what exactly do you mean?

is the turbo kicking in?

is their smoke?

what is acceleration like?

i have the same engine as you, 1.4 d4d

the only real trouble of it not having power was one day when changing the fuel filter i forgot to reconnect the MAF and the car wouldnt rev over 2k and wouldnt pass 40mph, couldnt figure it out for an hour or more.

when i got it back on sorted.

was the MAF what you were talking about when you said air flow?

i could be wrong but i would imagine the air flow would be totally different on a petrol....

cheers guys for the replies. all filters gen toyota.use bp ultimate fuel,might be more expensive but better quality and more mpg than those other brands mentioned.turbo dont sound as it is coming in but car not revving out enough.how easy yo clean egr.yeh changed map with sensor from 1.6vvti but still same.

• 7 years later...