Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K & N Panel Filters

YarisT-Sport03

No, and steer away from the K&N panel filter if possible, It's probably one of the most expensive for the Tsport, and the dissadvantage being it's an oiled filter.

Try a dry type filter like the DNX or Blitz

If you want the sound, but not the price of the induction kit, I'd suggest removing the standard snorkel intake into the airbox, or replace with a shorter larger diameter pipe.

and where would i get one of these pipes from, also any websites for these dry panels? whats wrong with the k & n ones?

btw i have a yaris mk2 sr 08 plate now not tsport, i used to have a k & n typhoon on my t sport

• 3 weeks later...

Are the blitz ones cleanable?

What's the problem with K&N oiled air filters?

I was thinking of getting one as they supposedly last longer (I only changed my stock one last year and it's already pitch black! I guess being stuck in traffic with trucks all the time will do that :( )

Had a Kand N since the first service... Eight years old now and not had any worries or had to clean it. It has paid for its self, now too!

oiled filters are known to easily clog up yaris MAF's

When you get the K&N filter, it is only very finely oiled. Does the problem not arise if someone cleans & oils them too much?

the wire's on the MAF are very fine, and only takes a little to clog them, and give a false reading.

However, simple maintenance, regular checks of the filter, and cleaning the MAF at regular intervals can stop this.

But i would still get a dry type, having tried 5 different branded types of oiled and dry panel filters on my yaris TS.

the wire's on the MAF are very fine, and only takes a little to clog them, and give a false reading.

However, simple maintenance, regular checks of the filter, and cleaning the MAF at regular intervals can stop this.

But i would still get a dry type, having tried 5 different branded types of oiled and dry panel filters on my yaris TS.

BLIMEY! The point of the cleanable filter, apart from working better, is to avoid having to keep changing the little buggers! :P

Well it appears that K&N don't make air filters for diesel Yarissesesses anyway :S