Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Temperature

wangtastic

Hello :D

Which is the best colour temperature to go for when choosing HID bulbs?

I'm not after anything I'll get tugged for, just want something so that I can actually see in the dark, my bulbs are shocking!

Cheers

Steve

6000K = crystal white with a tiny winy hint of blue (from distance looks pure white)

8000K = are slightly deeper blue hue to the point where you can see the 'blue' colour in the light from distance but still my no means is the light actually blue

having had both the above and 5000K to add to that my personal fav was 8000K, signs and all reflecting materials jump out at you but generally speaking the majority of people have 6000K

it sounds like 8000k is the way to go then.

Is it 9006/hb4 bulbs i'm after?

if i don't like the colour I suppose I can always swap the 8000 for a 6000?

yes if you don't like the colour you can swap the bulbs and use the existing ballasts, wiring etc keep the bulbs you don't use as spare though ;)

There is no way to say, as a Philips 6000K bulb will produce a different colour to another 6000k HID manufacture. The best thing is to see the light first hand before buying because no 8000K, 6000k, 7000K will look the same there will always be a difference between manufacturers. I've Had 8000k as crystal white, when one of them broke replaced it with a different 8000K and they where much bluer and had to get 6000K. My advice is to never order it of the internet as you may not get the exact colour you’re wanting. This leads to another problem; if one of the bulbs goes you will need to replace both, as the chances of finding another one exactly the same colour is prity slim.

HID bulbs last for absolutely ages, you won't be replacing them like you do with halogen also the colour difference thing is not the bulb in my experience they get labelled up wrongly.

when i bought my hids first i ordered 6000k yet the light they produced was 8000k the box said 6000k so it had just been ticked wrongly.

the bulb your after is H7 for dips and main (wouldnt advise doing the mains though)

and i think H11 for the spots.

you know they fail mots not, not allow hids unless factory fitted...so when is your mot up?