Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Or Corolla D4D?

john1970

Hi all,

Got upto 6k to play with and looking at t spirit crolla and auris. There is a few sr crollas in the price range too.

2.0 diesel is engine I fancy.

Have asked the question on the crolla forum too, consensus seems to be that crolla is a more solid car than the auris.

Am looking to keep whatever I buy for around 5 years, so build quality important.

Any constructive replies helpful!

For 6k you'll get a tatty T-Spirit Auris, and a relatively okay Corolla... for that money get the Corolla... I'm assuming your buying Approved Used from Toyota directly?

Just my opinion of course :)

p.s. The Car Shop has a few in if you don't mind high mileage!

Hmmm... I had a Corolla TSport from new, owned it for 8 years and 70k with no probs. Got a new Auris 1.33 this year and it's a much nicer car all round to drive. It's also totally squeek and rattle free with a more solid cabin than the Corolla. I think for 6k you are looking at a 'rolla though tbh. The Auris seems more lightweight in the bodywork, but what would mark or dent an Auris would a Corolla too. Also remember my Corolla was a new model at the time, the facelift was perhaps more solid and rattle free, conversly my Auris is the latest facelift where I suspect many issues have been addressed. The Auris is great though.

I would go for the corolla, it's a safe bet. We have a 2l D4D corolla with 105k on the clock and it drives like new. Took delivery of a auris HSD last month and we are using the corolla more, the corolla averages 46mpg.

Thanks for replies, I have now been in the early and facelift auris, have to say that I much prefer the facelift version, however 6k dont buy any!!

Is the face lift any different inside apart from the centre bridge which i think is just wider?

The facelift I was in, came from a toyota dealer, and was brand new. The general fit and finish was much nicer, I was disappointed when i later went into a 2007 model t spirit, it just seemed so much more basic and plasticky.