TopSpeed999

Photography

Hi Acetip,

The guy would have probably been refering to you using the highest setting so you may have your camera set at 10 mega pixels for example. You do have the facility to reduce the number of mega pixels with most cameras basically the higher the pixels the more memory needed for each image (sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs)

In terms of photo quality your Canon will be capable of good photos it just takes practise and finding what settings suit your pictures best. With the equipment I use the there are what feel like an infinite number of settings but I have found a handful of core settings that suit my shooting best and then use subtle adjustments to get the best out of each shot. Being perfectly honest on an average wedding shoot I will take upwards of 2,500 shots and will normally have around 200-400 that I consider worthy for a customer to view, this may sound like a very small number good images but when you take into account trying to get a group shot of 80 people to smile and keep their eyes open all at the same time takes a fair bit of doing, typically on these my camera is shooting and 8 or 9 frames per second!!

The bit of advice I would give you is to get a basic editing suite such as photoshop elements this will help you to crop and adjust light levels easily and more besides, best thing about it is that its very easy to use and will help with the overall quality of your images. I only use editing suite for the above and occasionally getting rid of the odd imperfection here and there.

Hi Acetip,

The guy would have probably been refering to you using the highest setting so you may have your camera set at 10 mega pixels for example. You do have the facility to reduce the number of mega pixels with most cameras basically the higher the pixels the more memory needed for each image (sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs)

In terms of photo quality your Canon will be capable of good photos it just takes practise and finding what settings suit your pictures best. With the equipment I use the there are what feel like an infinite number of settings but I have found a handful of core settings that suit my shooting best and then use subtle adjustments to get the best out of each shot. Being perfectly honest on an average wedding shoot I will take upwards of 2,500 shots and will normally have around 200-400 that I consider worthy for a customer to view, this may sound like a very small number good images but when you take into account trying to get a group shot of 80 people to smile and keep their eyes open all at the same time takes a fair bit of doing, typically on these my camera is shooting and 8 or 9 frames per second!!

The bit of advice I would give you is to get a basic editing suite such as photoshop elements this will help you to crop and adjust light levels easily and more besides, best thing about it is that its very easy to use and will help with the overall quality of your images. I only use editing suite for the above and occasionally getting rid of the odd imperfection here and there.

thanks for that,will give it a try.a bit of experimenting needed.

No problem at all, I am not the oracle on all photography by any means but if I can help in the future just ask and I will try to help :thumbsup:

Was going to say if you have the funds and really get into it have a look at second hand DSLR's on ebay even cameras like the Nikon D70 that only have around 6mp can produce stuning results :)

No problem at all, I am not the oracle on all photography by any means but if I can help in the future just ask and I will try to help :thumbsup:

Was going to say if you have the funds and really get into it have a look at second hand DSLR's on ebay even cameras like the Nikon D70 that only have around 6mp can produce stuning results :)

thanks again,i will check out ebay as you suggest,cheers.

My camera is a Canon S2 IS, had it quite a few years now. Not the most sophisticated camera by any means, but the quality of the pictures can be very good indeed. i often experiment in manual mode, playing with aperture and exposure settings, I took some great pictures of sunsets in Barbados, only to find that the pictures were full of "Noise" which ruined the picture when printed out :angry: I felt a right nob for making such a basic error!

Acetip:

I have done a few basic courses and a more advanced one at a local college one evening a week, I wasnt too sure if it was going to be full of geeks, but it was quite the opposite, those of us who knew some of the basics ended up helping out it it was great fun. The setting you are looking for is in the menu, to take pictures to upload to the internet, you need to be looking at the lower end, something like 640 x 480 but dont forget, if you want to blow these pictures and print to something like A4 paper, then images will be pixelated. High settings produce images of higher quality that you can print on larger paper, smaller images are best for uploading to websites as the file size is smaller and the picture loads quicker on the screen

Here is a favourite of mine I took whilst on my way home. I had the camera in the car and saw this Airbus Beluga coming in to land at Hawarden airport, it's where they make the wings for Airbus A320- A380. I was in the right place at the right time I suppose

185005091_o.jpg

They put the new wings inside that thing and fly them to France to stick on a new fuselage :lol:

I forgot to post up some pics this afternoon, had some work to do which got in the way :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

My camera is a Canon S2 IS, had it quite a few years now. Not the most sophisticated camera by any means, but the quality of the pictures can be very good indeed. i often experiment in manual mode, playing with aperture and exposure settings, I took some great pictures of sunsets in Barbados, only to find that the pictures were full of "Noise" which ruined the picture when printed out :angry: I felt a right nob for making such a basic error!

Acetip:

I have done a few basic courses and a more advanced one at a local college one evening a week, I wasnt too sure if it was going to be full of geeks, but it was quite the opposite, those of us who knew some of the basics ended up helping out it it was great fun. The setting you are looking for is in the menu, to take pictures to upload to the internet, you need to be looking at the lower end, something like 640 x 480 but dont forget, if you want to blow these pictures and print to something like A4 paper, then images will be pixelated. High settings produce images of higher quality that you can print on larger paper, smaller images are best for uploading to websites as the file size is smaller and the picture loads quicker on the screen

Here is a favourite of mine I took whilst on my way home. I had the camera in the car and saw this Airbus Beluga coming in to land at Hawarden airport, it's where they make the wings for Airbus A320- A380. I was in the right place at the right time I suppose

185005091_o.jpg

They put the new wings inside that thing and fly them to France to stick on a new fuselage :lol:

I forgot to post up some pics this afternoon, had some work to do which got in the way :rolleyes:

hi kingo

thanks for that,going to give it a try,dont like to be beaten

still trying

Press the FUNCTION button, you can then choose by using the left and right arrows. You have 3 choices, 1600 x 1200 (probably what you are on now, or 640 x 480 or 320 x 240. I would select 640 x 480

Here is a screenshot of the manual

452019013_o.jpg

Press the FUNCTION button, you can then choose by using the left and right arrows. You have 3 choices, 1600 x 1200 (probably what you are on now, or 640 x 480 or 320 x 240. I would select 640 x 480

Here is a screenshot of the manual

452019013_o.jpg

kingo i dont know what i would do without you.the moving in together suggestion seems more attractive the more i think about,but i dont think the wife would let me.nothing personel.

Steady on............Raist will be pokin his head in talking like that :naughty:

Yesterday I could access my Flickr account, today no matter how many times I try no luck, tried to reset password etc etc, no good, so you will have to wait for the Barbados pics :lol:

still trying

That is so true... :yahoo:

As promised

A few photo's from BARBADOS

cracking shots,kingo.

As promised

A few photo's from BARBADOS

Lovely scenes; I'm jealous; but do look out for sloping horizons.

Yes sloping horizons are a bit tricky, especially when you are on all inclusive :D: :D:

Yes sloping horizons are a bit tricky, especially when you are on all inclusive :D: :D:

i can produce them,very easy when pi##ed.

That was the problem Acetip, I wasnt much use to anybody after three guava ring bang cocktails :unsure::g:

That was the problem Acetip, I wasnt much use to anybody after three guava ring bang cocktails :confused; :g:

Did they really bang your ring... :eek:

After 2 of them who cares? :lol:

I like sunsets too ;)

(Various places.....Corfu-Tobago-Venice-Maldives-Burton Constable :lol: )

Constablesunsets026.jpg

Constablesunsets033.jpg

Corfu1133.jpg

Corfu1203.jpg

Stunning shots :thumbsup:

And a couple more

KerryandJames_1765a.jpg

SueandPaul_0415bw.jpg

Will leave it that don't want to get too boring for you all :thumbsup:

Yes!! I love black and white photography. It has something about it that colour just cannot match. Pure white thru to jet black . Great shots. Any more?

I have loads more but they are on the other PC, I am in the middle of editing my last wedding so once done I will add a few more