TopSpeed999

Photography

I've just got myself a canon eos 400D, Its only got a 18-55mm lens at the mo but looking at getting a tamron 18-200mm, anyone got any tips on getting the most out of each shot

These are all great photos and very professional shots,Thanks for posting these photos.

I've just got myself a canon eos 400D, Its only got a 18-55mm lens at the mo but looking at getting a tamron 18-200mm, anyone got any tips on getting the most out of each shot

Hi Danny,you have a good camera there,capable of taking photos in many situations.

Just keep clicking away,and looking if you like what you have.Then delete the rest, its not as if the duff ones have to be developed.you would be hard pressed to find a snapper who gets a good one every time.

An exception to this is the candid shots as they cannot be repeated,and a not so "good" one is far better than none!

You may also find you get more critical as time goes by,so your technique will improve.

Don't get bogged down with the settings yet,stick it on auto (green square) and have fun with it.

You won't be disappointed with the results and there are plenty of books in the library to learn from for the really bad weather days

Dont rush into buying another lens until you are sure its the one you need.The 18-55 is a good all rounder and serve you well.

Bigger is not always better with lenses,it depends where your interest lies and a couple of steps forward can sometimes change the whole shot,also remember the camera only takes the scene that you point it at. YOU decide what you want by looking through the view finder.

Happy shooting,

Del

Hi, we have just purchased a Canon eos 600D. Just went out and purchased the uv filter the other day. Cannot wait to start using it. We are going to a Classic car show on Saturday so shall take some pictures then.

p.s how do we upload pics on our posts?

Many Thanks

Currently unsing a D700 with a 16mm-35mm F4, a 50mm F1.4 and a 70mm-200 F2.8 VRII.

Sommesunrise.jpg

Muncaster Castle in the Lake District week before last. Some twit forgot the camera, so this was taken on the iPhone 5, Kingo :thumbsup:

620587126_o.jpg

Have another. My Dax in Southern France last year

RushFrejus.jpg

Thought I had best find the photography section! Is there a seperate sub section just on photography?

I shoot semi professionally myself, shooting nearly everything and anything, my Flickr link is below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gareth_williams_photography/

I also have a car rig and I shoot car in motion with the camera attached to the car. I know it's not a Toyota but here is a Mk2 Golf VR6 in motion using said rig:

14190596788_e09f47b1e3_c.jpg

awesome photos you have here