Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desperate. Emergency. Please Help!

Mr Nice

hello everybody

please excuse the brief introduction, only I have an emergency, am freezing cold and Toyota's lazy service department has gone home as it's "a Saturday"! *****s.

Corolla Verso - 2007 - locked out! RCL is not opening the car (fob LED blinks though doors don't open). Tried the emergency key in the door lock too, but that doesn't seem to open the doors.

Does anybody please know how this emergency key is supposed to get me back in the car or what's wrong with the fob?

thank you so much in advance

just happened to me mate, my led was flashing but not unlocking the car, i tried using the key in the door and it wouldnt work walked all around the car pressing unlock and nothing happening then tried my key in the door again and it worked, very strange, keep trying with the key in the door, is your fob not a key fob like our t sports ?

im guessing u have tried puttin the key in to the door and turning clockwise ( the old fashion manual way)

when u press the button on the fob does hazards lights flash? any noises?

have you tried the key in the other locks in case they are frozen .try tapping the the door around the lock while attempting to open it .does the key turn in the lock if not might be frozen bit of heat might un freeze the lock

Please, I am so cold and all my belongings are in the car, along with my hamster and mouse! What makes it even worse is that I'm wet, have a broken pinky, have just lost a game of portable chess and am wearing a pirate patch on my good eye, so can't even see :-(

Any other ideas please?

• Like 1

How do you mean?

I have the AA on the way but they'll be an hour. Ill report back if they can solve things here. Thank you all again.

Please, I am so cold and all my belongings are in the car, along with my hamster and mouse! What makes it even worse is that I'm wet, have a broken pinky, have just lost a game of portable chess and am wearing a pirate patch on my good eye, so can't even see :-(

Any other ideas please?

Mr Nice I don't think you wrote this?

Any other ideas please?

Mr Nice I don't think you wrote this?

?

I'm too cold for mind games. What are you talking about?

update: I have just bought a trolley jack from Halfords (thankfully I'm very near to a shopping complex) and am now lying under the engine bay to keep warm. People keep disturbing me to ask if I'm ok but, overall, i'd say this is a good tip to anyone else in the same situation out there...

It's amazing how much initiative the human can muster when faced with a situation like this(even if I do say so myself).

is not colder under engine bay i know the engine will b hot depending on how long u had it on for, i wud recommend u stay in halford to stay warm

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not?

If someone lets the down the trolley jack and there is no further replies we'll know.

Why bother spending money in Halfrauds - just go to the nearest pub order a couple of double whiskeys and then decide either to pour them over the frozen door locks or drink them first and then use the usual trick of ubiking over the door locks.:)

well if it aint a joke then this lad should be locked up.....in an insane asylum.

as james said, dont waste money on a jack and just stay in halfrauds.

i dont get why anyone would waste their time posting this though.......

i mean what, is he meant to be on his iPhone, 'oh i know, iam freezing cold and locked outa my car but ill just join a toyota site now and ask them' :rolleyes:

Looks like :saddam: is back must be a job for :batman: to :blowup: him up either that or it's :horse: s**t

well if it aint a joke then this lad should be locked up.....in an insane asylum.

as james said, dont waste money on a jack and just stay in halfrauds.

i dont get why anyone would waste their time posting this though.......

i mean what, is he meant to be on his iPhone, 'oh i know, iam freezing cold and locked outa my car but ill just join a toyota site now and ask them' :rolleyes:

llf this has to be a joke

I'm more worried about the hamster and the mouse. Has Mr Nice phoned the RSPCA yet? I believe they have an automotive department. blink.gif