Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Knocking?

reidy

I've noticed a knocking noise coming from the engine, possibly the top. Really noticeable when cold but you can still hear it when its warmed up.

Any ideas what it could be?

Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7cAT7C1kXI

Cheers

Stewart

HI Stewart

I have an 06 1.6 SR petrol and a few weeks back i noticed the same sounds...exactly as yours does...and i've never heard that like tapping sound before...but as i was carrying out a full service that morning...i noticed after changing my spark plugs the sound went away completely! According to a friend mechanic its normal for a toyota engine to sound like that on cold morning start ups! Sorry i aint of much help but it may be nothing much to worry about!

Regards...Sammy

Doesn't sound healthy unsure.gif

Mine's loud but doesn't have the tractor style noise of yours

Hard to say without hearing for real... correct oil used ? Genuine filter with anti drain valve ?

I had a TSport for 8 years and had trouble with the auxilliary belt tensioner pulley after only 3 years, it was noisy. Going from memory now but it was the metallic "brass" looking one. I trickled engine oil (not much... (put some on the end of a screwdriver to get it there) down the outer face so that it found it's way in the bearing, just keep wiping the bottom of pulley with cloth for a few minutes to catch any that runs down. Also did the same to the other black pulley. That was at 3 years old, I kept the TSport for another 5 with not a murmer :)

Yours sounds a bit more tappety tbh, but can't say for sure.

Edit... fuel injectors can be noisy too.

Have you had any servicong recently? Checked your engine oil level?no signs of leaks under the vehicle? Changed your spark plugs recently?

Other thing to do. Is get a long screwdriver. Put the handle to your ear and the metal end at different points on the engine like the head, block, aux tensioner etc.