Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Will Vi Problems

toyotawill

I have an imported Toyota Will Vi. Excellent car, daughter loves it. But recently we had a problem. The headlights stopped working (although the headlight flasher still worked). bulbs and fuses were OK. Did a lot of scouring round the internet for clues, especially as I found 12v on the headlamp pins when the headlights were Switched Off. Didn't expect this! Anyway, to cut a long story short I found some useful information on the internet which allowed me to diagnose and fix the problem (it was the combo light switch). Because I myself benefitted from the web search I feel it's only fair to add my own two pen'orth.

You can find some details of my fix, and some photos here: http://www.realpages.co.uk/toyota_will_vi_headlight_problem

Incidentally, if I'd wanted to replace, rather than repair, the combo lighting switch, I found that Lindop Toyota could supply.

I hope this experience is of some use to someone.

Thanks! I've taken a copy of that just in case I ever need it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark,

Glad my headlight post was useful. I wonder if you or any other Will Vi owner knows whether an owner's manual (English) is available. Specifically I'm looking for information on dash warning lights. Daughter has found an intermittent showing of an orange light that she says look like a cross with short lines above and to the left of it. Anyone any ideas?