Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive White Smoke + Coolant Question

ses6jwg

My T sport has been sat for 2-3 days over the cold snap and started it up today and its belching white smoke from the exhaust which belches even more when I rev the engine.

This carries on for around 15 minutes until warm, when it reduces to a whisp.

The smoke has a slightly oily smell to it but not overpowering and it is muddy white in colour rather than blue.

I've checked my levels - oil is fine very slightly down but I havn't checked it for about 6 weeks.

Coolant is however down by about 1/5 since I last checked it 6 weeks ago.

I've checked under the oil cap and there is no white residue.

I used some Millers additive not so long ago as I always had good results with Millers DPS4 on my Fabia RS. Could this be a culprit?

Car seems to drive fine as always it idles at around 1600rpm until warm which seems high to me.

I want to top the coolant up do I need to buy a specfic one like I did with my Fabia?

I notice most coolant are blue but the coolant in my T Sport is pink like it was in my Fabia.

I have some VAG G12 Pink coolant can I use this or should I stick to OEM?

Help appreciated.

Best sticking to oem.

As it has been sitting for while it is most prob condensation in the ehaust and its just burning it off.

But check for leaks, the level in the resevoir bottle can go up and down, did you last check it when the enhine was warm?

i only use mine at weekends and its exactly the same as yours, loads of white smoke. its just the exhaust system heating up and the condensation inside evaporating

use oem coolant or equivalent and don't mix coolant - use the same colour as what is already in your car.

My T sport has been sat for 2-3 days over the cold snap and started it up today and its belching white smoke from the exhaust which belches even more when I rev the engine.

The smoke has a slightly oily smell to it but not overpowering and it is muddy white in colour rather than blue.

I've checked my levels - oil is fine very slightly down but I havn't checked it for about 6 weeks.

I used some Millers additive not so long ago as I always had good results with Millers DPS4 on my Fabia RS. Could this be a culprit?

Car seems to drive fine as always it idles at around 1600rpm until warm which seems high to me.

I want to top the coolant up do I need to buy a specfic one like I did with my Fabia?

I notice most coolant are blue but the coolant in my T Sport is pink like it was in my Fabia.

Help appreciated.

Your car is absolutely fine, nothing to worry about. A blown head gasket would give unrelenting smoke. You have got condensation in the exhaust box. There is a trick which works perfectly for me. Drill a 1mm hole on the underside of the exhaust box to allow for the water to leak out. It will also save your exhaust from unnecessary corrosion. works perfect.

Help appreciated.

Your car is absolutely fine, nothing to worry about. A blown head gasket would give unrelenting smoke. You have got condensation in the exhaust box. There is a trick which works perfectly for me. Drill a 1mm hole on the underside of the exhaust box to allow for the water to leak out. It will also save your exhaust from unnecessary corrosion. works perfect.

:eek: wouldnt that : 1.blow bigger over time 2.actualli cause corrosion if you didnt treat it with some kind of underseal stuff

i love the look on ppls face when it happens to me though ,once this girl ran over ****** up saying get out your car is on fire lmaooo

White smoke is usually a sign that they have elected another Pope! ;)

The coolant OEM Toyota as mentioned above :thumbsup:

:eek: wouldnt that : 1.blow bigger over time 2.actualli cause corrosion if you didnt treat it with some kind of underseal stuff

Not a problem mate. I have had my TS 3 yrs & havent seen any deterioration in my exhaust performance. All at your own risk though :yes: I wouldnt say my car is completely smokeless but the smoke is much improved & less ebarrassment as it no longer leaves behind a trail of a horizontal rocket launch.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links